• Total voters

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    WHEN the Sig MPX comes out, I will have one, amd I will send in the form 1 to SBR it as soon as I get it home. The latest "rumor" I read said they will be commercially available when Shot show 2015 ends. We will see....

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I use a Mech Tech I bought a dedicated Glock lower for and it perform fantastic. Cost was low as I bought the upper used and the Glock lower was a take off I bought on Gunbroker, total in the rifle was about $500. Uses Glock 17 mags in all sizes from 17 up to the 50 round drum...I use mostly the 32 round sticks in it and the Korean cheapies work great. Mine is the fixed stock older version but the new are very flexible in stock and fore end choices.

mechglock.jpg

My other 9mm carbine is sadly no longer produced. It was made by Masterpiece Arms, the MPA 71 and it used the Soumi 71 round drums which were dirt cheap a few years ago...I bought a bunch.

mpa71range.jpg

Today if I was in the market I woulod seriously consider the Just Right carbine. It uses all standard AR trigger components and stocks, can easily be changed from right to left hand operation, uses the same Glock Mags as the Mech Tech and my brother's shoots like a dream. Home Page

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I use a Mech Tech I bought a dedicated Glock lower for and it perform fantastic. Cost was low as I bought the upper used and the Glock lower was a take off I bought on Gunbroker, total in the rifle was about $500. Uses Glock 17 mags in all sizes from 17 up to the 50 round drum...I use mostly the 32 round sticks in it and the Korean cheapies work great. Mine is the fixed stock older version but the new are very flexible in stock and fore end choices.

That Mech Tech with a Glock lower is really interesting. Now if I could just find one. lol

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    My vote is for the Cx4. Uses the same mags as the 92fs. Is really fun to shoot with minimal recoil. Super easy to take apart and clean also.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I would go with the High Point IF the even had their own mags with more then 10 rounds. I have no clue why they don't come out with higher capacity mags. They would sell a ton.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I owned a Sub2000 neat,but it did not shoot well.It was also an epic pain to clean.
    I would go with the Beretta Cx4.I have shoot one and it did handle well.Add to that the magazines are cheap and plentiful.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I have the CX-4, and love it. I also had the sub 2000 and hi point 995. I sold them only because of lack of storage room. hi point would handle the surplus +p+
    9mm with no problems. Sub 2000 was awkward (for me) to handle. But it ran great, DID NOT try +p+ in it. Sold both to fellow ingoer's all three are good, it really depends on how they fit you and what your use will be. HTH.

Last edited:

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Well this might change my thoughts a little. I was just reading on another forum that you can't legally thread a CX4's barrel because it's an import and won't fit in the 922 regulations. Anybody know anything about this?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    They are a lot of fun. I love mine. I also have three friends who have them.

I saw that a few weeks back but haven't seen any reviews yet. I was hoping someone on here would get one.

We need somebody on here to pull the trigger and see how they are. :)

For the love of god stop tempting me. Haha

glocknroll9

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 27, 2009
    Auburn
    I just got my palmetto 9mm put together and shot it yesterday, I love it!! It went together easily on a spikes lower and has a nice fit and finish. Used the palmetto metal form mags too. 100 rounds not a hiccup! I highly recommend! $499 for kit, $89 for lower (could go cheaper but I like spikes) and $25 for mag! But now I want the pistol with the sig brace! Haha I have a huntertown guardian to put on, just waiting for my thread adapter, 1/2 x 36

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    One thing I didn't put in the original post is I would probably SBR it or Sig brace it. So the PSA kit isn't really an option. I have seen some 7.5 9mm uppers lately for decent prices. But if I go with an AR I would like dedicated lower for Glock mags. But I'm starting to find complete upper for $400.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom