• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Looking for feedback from anyone who can paint the picture of where a 9mm shotgun fits and how they have/currently use such a gun. I am researching the Winchester Model 36 and would appreciate any details about your experience. Note- the 9mm is not intended to displace any of my other guns, it just looks like a neat round. Thanks

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be honest...I thought you were crazy or something until I looked up the Winchester 36! A rimfire shot round in 9mm, who'da thunk it? My Grandad had a couple smoothbore floberts, one was in .32 I believe.
    winchester%2036%203.jpg

119595_02_winchester_36_9_mm_shotgun_640.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    9mm shot shell is an older cartridge only now made by Fiocchi. Only really used in break-open shotguns from the late 1800's through the mid 1900's. Called a "garden gun", it is useful for close range shots at rodents and small varmints.

My father-in-law has one and calls it his snake gun. As he says, "the only good snake is a dead snake".

I would love to have one in a sweet shorty-sawed off version and hang it off my hip while I hiked through my property.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I understand one of their primary applications was for killing rats down the holds of ships, back when folks used to actually confront their problems and deal with them. :laugh:

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    A dealer had a Winchester 36 at the Salem show 10 days ago, priced a little under $500.
    He also had the Fiocchi 9mm shot ammo at $60 per box of 50 rounds.

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    So is there anyone out there that has shot one and can comment on it's accuracy/distance? I have read/heard they are accurate but is that at 40 yards - Shooting snakes might be like 5 yards;). Also, I have heard they are not real loud as in you can shoot them and not disturb the neighbors.

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Something to look out for now, very unique I can say I haven't shot one or seen one yet but will go on the "hopefully shoot one someday" list

Top Bottom