• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Well, my wife can shoot a 9mm very well, and likes it. The sigs, that is the only kind she can easily pull the slides back. Question, should I get a sig too? Or would a glock 19 be better?
    I will probably stick with 9mm so I can stock up and that way I don't have a bunch of different cartridges.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well, my wife can shoot a 9mm very well, and likes it. The sigs, that is the only kind she can easily pull the slides back. Question, should I get a sig too? Or would a glock 19 be better?
    I will probably stick with 9mm so I can stock up and that way I don't have a bunch of different cartridges.

Get whichever fits your hand better.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Suggestions:
    M&P from Smith & Wesson
    FNX or FNS from FNH
    P30 from H&K (great ergos, great shooter, never a failure with any of my HKs).
    Lots of folks love Glocks, just sold mine, no thanks for me on Glocks.

Best Bet: Range that rents, so you can feel & fire.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It's certainly cost effective to stick with 9mm across the board if you don't have a real interest in collecting/owning various calibers. My wife carries a G19 every day, but she also LOVES Sigs and conceals a Kahr when needed. Get whatever is comfortable for the shooter.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    My wife prefers 9mm most of all.
    Her hands seem to like the 1911. Go figure :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Mine loves her S&W M&P 9mm, that's the only one she could pull the slide back on in the start. She loves how the grip felt in her hand with the small backstrap as well. Now after shooting it for awhile she can work the slides on any of my pistols! :twocents:

El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    Sounds like a good way to start.
    I'm sure you'll both evolve your preferences over time, and maybe you'll favor variety later on life.
    Have fun!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just keeping the 9mm constant will simplify your ammo needs, and possibly keep costs down slightly. As far as going Sig because your wife did, the commonality of magazines may be a nice thing to have, and would keep costs for secondary (non cary) mags lower also.
    The last few handguns my wife has purchased have been a result of my purchase of a handgun in similar caliber/size. For some reason or another, she has consistently decided against buying the same pistol, and honestly, its not been that big of a deal for us.

If you find that you do like the Sig in the same model that your wife decides on, it would be kinda cool to have matching pistols ala Boondock Saints.

Top Bottom