• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    What about the XDM 9...I have fairly large hands also (can almost palm a bball off a dribble and have 11-12 size ring finger.) When gripping it i have room for a second pinky at the bottom of the grip. My fingers probably are 3/4" from wrapping all the way around the grip...thats with the "average" back strap installed. Plus it holds 19rds:yesway:

Looks like you live in Chandler...if your serious about holding one and can't find one locally maybe we can meet up at Bucks's & Jake's sometime if you want to try it out.

kabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    What about h&k or kahr? Beretta Px4 I believe is adjustable too. P99 or magnum mr eagle? xD?

I second the H&K suggestion. I have a USP 9mm fullsize and the grip is rather large. Of course, I still use a Hogue Handall just to round out that blocky grip...

kabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Just make sure you get a model with the classic screw-in grips if you go Sig. The E2 grips are for petite girl hands.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Beretta 92FS with the factory rubber grips or, better yet, the factory Beretta walnut grips with the Beretta emblems. I've got an Inox made in Italy with the walnut grips and its the most comfortable large gripped pistol to shoot and shoot accurately.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I wear a size 15 ring, yes they are meat hooks, and used to carry a Beretta 92sf. Now I carry a Glock and not one of the little runts either (subcompacts). My high school ring was a size 13.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    High point!

If you were near me you could handle my M&P 9. I don't have long fingers but do have wide hands and the fit is great.

stretch71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Chandler
    I stopped into Buck & Jakes yesterday. The XDM felt pretty good. Much longer in the grip. The grip safety under the ducktail was not the turn off I thought it would be. Almost didn't notice it at all. I was expecting it to be much stiffer.
    XDM is now high on my list.
    I still have a desire for the PPQ though. I will try to get back in the store in a day or two & see if they have an extended mag for the PPQ. That might make my decision for me.

I will also add that I was surprised at the number pistols they had in stock. I had expected the case to be mostly empty, given the current political climate.
    There also seemed to be a fair to good selection of ammo as well.

Thanks again to all for the responses. Once I do make the choice I will post some pics.
    Ken

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I would like to purchase a 9mm semi-auto.
    My goal is to get something that fits comfortably & then hopefully with practice be able to shoot it with some proficiency.

So far most 9mm weapons I have held at various shows & LGS all seem somewhat small. I have fairly large hands.

I had a PPQ in my hand last weekend & although it was going to be my first choice it too was somewhat short from the trigger guard to the bottom of the grip. I did not find a 9mm M&P to try at the show.

I may carry this weapon at times & my taste runs more toward a striker fired pistol.

Any suggestions ?

BTW
    My research has led me to a ranked list as follows.
    1. walther PPQ m1 (if I can find one)
    2 M&P
    3. FNS
    4. Glock 17
    5. sr9

Thanks for your input

KSW

for what it's worth i bought a M&P because i have smaller hands and it fit better for that reason. I would suggest a CZ, 1911 style , or perhaps a XD they have a wider grip and shoot true.

Top Bottom