• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Just purchased a 100 box of winchester white box 9mm from walmart a few days ago. Was going through it before a trip to the range a few days ago and ran across this shell. What would have happened if I fired it. This is the 115 gr. WWB 9mm.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Oops..

I recently had a light load with a Federal 9mm FMJ from Wally World.
    Not a big deal it went off fine and cycled the action but definitely felt light.

They are making the stuff as fast as they can so I can see where quality control can suffer.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Unfortunately, it happens. I had a similar one from Precision Cartridge here in Indiana. Wasn't worth returning it. They have a good reputation overall and I've otherwise been happy with their product. The biggest hassle was safely disposing of the cartridge.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you for the heads up and reminder to inspect ammo. Fundamentals like this are too easy to forget. Even for some of us Big-Time Operators.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm surprised by the millions of rounds that leave the factory, that something like that can get through all of the checks and double checks. I understand statistics would say a couple rounds in x rounds leaving the factory are going to be bad, but...

I have seen some pretty cool manufacturing equipment on lines and I would have just thought that would be an easy catch for a computer or machine... Just saying...

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    If nothing else, thanks for the heads up on this ammo, as I have several of these 100rnd boxes myself.
    Hopefully I don't get too paranoid about this and start going through box after box looking for that 1 in a 1000.

Terry

Top Bottom