• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was listening to GunTalk radio show and a caller was asking about the slide release on a Norwegian 1911. He liked the design and wanted to find a few one. I had never heard of this and had to look it up.

nazi-1911.jpg

It doglegs down about 3/8". It seems like it also brings it back further than a standard release. When I grip our 1911, the release is just barely out of reach. I could see this being an option to be able to reach it without changing my grip.

I don't know if a high thumbs grip would hold it down or not and prevent it from stopping the slide on an empty mag.

I just found this really interesting.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Those boys wore gloves and mittens in the cold weather, makes sense to me.
    There is another thought that people with smaller hands have a hard time reaching the slide release in its stock location. This looks like it would bring it back some and allow it easier manipulation for small hands.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Does EVERY part on that gun have at least the last three serial numbers on it?

Do you think that was due to hand-fitting or law? Is that the future of American firearms?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Does EVERY part on that gun have at least the last three serial numbers on it?

Do you think that was due to hand-fitting or law? Is that the future of American firearms?
    It's a military pistol. If what I heard was correct, they adopted them in 1914. The US property M1 Garand did the same thing, I think.

Top Bottom