A 2A infringement I never thought of, until today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The greater restriction is the financial hurdle one must be able to clear to legally exercise that right. Whether you're homeless or not, this "poll-tax" should have been thrown out years ago. For many of us, those that are able to purchase guns "pretty much" whenever we want, a $125 to buy a LTCH isn't so much of a financial hardship. But there are many people out there to which that is a considerable chunk of change.

:yesway:

The burden of the financial cost of the permit is not unlike those states in which a citizen must acquire training, at a cost, in order to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms. So in that same way, it is unconstitutional, and therefore illegal, since once the state mandates burdens which must be met, it`s no longer a right, but a privilege granted by the state.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    :yesway:

The burden of the financial cost of the permit is not unlike those states in which a citizen must acquire training, at a cost, in order to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms. So in that same way, it is unconstitutional, and therefore illegal, since once the state mandates burdens which must be met, it`s no longer a right, but a privilege granted by the state.

So true.

Also by that Liberal Logic we can pass a law that you must graduate, with all grades C- or better, from a High School that meets minimum state standards and you must submit a copy of your report card with the signature of your Principal to the State Police Education Enforcement Division who will determine if you are properly educated person and eligible to obtain a Speech License in order to exercise public speaking under the 1st amendment... you also must complete one semester of classes, again obtaining a C- minimum, and apply for license renewal every 4 years thereafter. (No license required for speech on your own property, in designated free speech zones, or private property or venues that grant you written permission.) Run on sentences -5

The long distance phone and Internet will be restricted to police, .gov and .mil use, or to those enlisted in their service, as the founders could never have imagined such high speed, high capacity, and long range speech would ever exist so they never intended you to have a right to it.

Teaching or preaching will require a Class 101 License, a $2000 tax stamp, and extensive Federal Department of Education background check.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So true.

Also by that Liberal Logic we can pass a law that you must graduate, with all grades C- or better, from a High School that meets minimum state standards and you must submit a copy of your report card with the signature of your Principal to the State Police Education Enforcement Division to obtain a Speech License in order to exercise public speaking under the 1st amendment... you also must take one semester of English and apply for license renewal every 4 years thereafter. (No license required for speech on your own property, in designated free speech zones, or private property or venues that grant you written permission.) Run on sentences -5

The long distance phone and Internet will be restricted to police, .gov and .mil use, or to those enlisted in their service, as the founders could never have imagined such high speed, high capacity, and long range speech would ever exist so they never intended you to have a right to it.

Teaching or preaching will require a Class 101 License, a $2000 tax stamp, and extensive Federal Department of Education background check.

You`ve just captured the heart and soul of the liberal agenda...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    But isnt it a moot point? Is it truly a loss if they cant afford a gun anyway? (assuming they truly are homeless and living hand to mouth)

Am I prevented from fishing because I cant afford a license if I cant afford to get to a body of water anyway? (or buy a fishing rod/bait/etc)

Existential thought; is it really a right denied if you cant exercise it for OTHER upstream reasons? Does Nascar actually infringe on my "right to race" if I cant afford the $20,000 entry fee, even if I cant afford to buy the $200,000 car and requisite crew? Or does my inability to afford the tools negate the other barrier?

I have seen homeless in Baltimore with wadd's of cash that would make a vegas gambler jelous.
    They bum money all day and have no overhead. And not all homeless are uneducated and ignorant people.

Top Bottom