• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    I've been sick for 5 days now. An extremely bad head cold that has put me in bed for 2 days and sluggish for the rest. What's this have to do with prepping? Well, I've done my best to deal with this with my prep items, primarily NyQuil and Ibprophen. It's not working really well. I can't imagine having to defend myself and family like this. I can barely hold my head up, but can't sleep either.

What else should I be doing and looking for in prepping supplies to deal with this?

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    My wife uses a NETI POT sinus wash kit from CVS, under $15. NOT fun to use but effective for her. If you run out of the packets to make the wash, put some salt in warm water. I'm sure Wal-Mart or other sources might have one too. If there's a Walgreens near you has them on sale for $9.99. You might have a sinus infection, going to the DR. may be in order. Hope you get better!

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just keep in mind that adrenaline, in a SD situation, is a wonderful thing in this instance.

What the human body can do when immediately necessary is quite amazing.

-J-

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    When I feel really bad, I get out put the BOB on and go for a long ruck. The fresh air helps me, and I want to know how far/fast I can go when I am not 100%.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    All good stuff.

Bisley Man, been running the Net1 kit for about a month. What kills me is it should have helped me prevent this...
    Indy_Guy_77, The adrenaline angle is good to.. fear is a great motivator.
    and Sailor you're right, sometimes just staring it down like that is the best... it will either cure you or kill you!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    For about 3 months or so I have been on a regiment of Vitamin C and D3.

I used to get sick about once a month or so and pretty bad every 2 months (I have little ones).

I can thankfully say now the Vitamins have worked wonders and I now don't get sick as often and when I do it is only for a day with minor symptoms.

I also started my sons on some Flintstones Vitamins and I can say the same for them. Their interval of having a cold every month or two has ceased.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    I agree with sporter. I began taking vitamin C almost a year ago, right after I got over last years stomach flue (which is the thing I hate most in life). I told myself enough is enough. I began taking 1000 mg. per day. Then after a couple months I began taking 2000 mg. per day, then 3000, and thats what I take now. One 1000 mg. tablet with each meal. I also began taking one fish oil, one aloe vera, and one b12. I have had a cold that lasted 5 days, and wasnt very severe, since I have been taking vitamins. In a normal year, I would typically contract maybe 3 or 4 colds, and the stomach flue once. The flue I get is horrible, and consists of vomiting every 30 min. or less, for exactly 24 hrs. I haven't come down with any sickies this season yet (knocking on wood). I definately recommend you begin taking Vitamin C. Our bodies don't naturally produce it, and we need it in order to build and maintain our immune system, in which we can then fight off sickies better. I think it has worked for me! just MO.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    Matters are now worse, in a sense. The wife has been down with Swine Flu, which she got from work. However with my Bronchitics still hanging on they tell me I don't want to get Swine Flu cause of the potential complications. And now she has my Bronchitics (not a good add-on the Swine as it can go to Phenomena quickly). Say a prayer for us cause this could get serious in the next week if we both don't start getting well.

All that said, I still got 4 hours in at the range today sighting in a new scope! Ok, should have stayed home, BUT IT'S A NEW SCOPE!

Top Bottom