• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I would love to hear some of these fellow members here doing all the bashing tell me they have never left a firearm less than secured aka in a car locked while at a job, airport, on the boat etc. Bottom line we have all let our guard down before. My point is he could probably use our support more than our judgment. Well I guess some cant wait to brag about how perfect they are. :rolleyes:

About 2008 ish , I used to leave a pistol in my truck , then one night my truck was broke into and the gun was stolen .

When it happens to you , it's an instant sick to your stomach feeling knowing some dirt bag now has a gun and will probably use it to commit other crimes .

Since then I don't leave anything in any vehicle I care about being stolen .

The lessons that cost you are the ones your supposed to learn the first time around .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    About 2008 ish , I used to leave a pistol in my truck , then one night my truck was broke into and the gun was stolen .

When it happens to you , it's an instant sick to your stomach feeling knowing some dirt bag now has a gun and will probably use it to commit other crimes .

Since then I don't leave anything in any vehicle I care about being stolen .

The lessons that cost you are the ones your supposed to learn the first time around .

Exactly....he has already had this lesson. Thing is....this is on a "Grand" scale.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Exactly....he has already had this lesson. Thing is....this is on a "Grand" scale.
    +1. A handgun can be obtained anywhere by a thug. They can go to their local Dons or pick up the "community" gun, or steal one.

These are machineguns. Despite media bias, blah, blah, blah, let's look at this rationally: These aren't just "regular" guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    +1. A handgun can be obtained anywhere by a thug. They can go to their local Dons or pick up the "community" gun, or steal one.

These are machineguns. Despite media bias, blah, blah, blah, let's look at this rationally: These aren't just "regular" guns.

Plus all the freaking ammo.

I am not knocking but I am completely amazed........seriously.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Simple neglect.

My daddy made sure I knew my bb gun was put up and empty when I was 6 let alone 36 and leave my class 3 machine guns in the truck.
    Not their fault?

Then who's friggn fault is it. I absolutely have NO SYMPATHY for what has happened here on profire's end .
    What the hell are some of you folks sayin its not their fault, couldn't have been prevented?
    Who's fault is it the thief's???

Wishy washy dreams getting the stuff back is a no go.

They will turn up all over the U.S. in violent crimes, murders, robberies, period there is no. "I hope they get their stuff back"
    IMO they should not be able to sell anything but milspec gear and tapco mags after this,
    Neglect full auto.

lets practice full time responsibility not part time gun owners, the world, government, the anti, the media, and the kids are watching.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have to wonder how the insurance claim is going to pan out. I know it will depend on how the policy is written, and I would think the items are covered while they are in the place of business, personal home, during transportation, and during personal use. I have to wonder if the items are cover in this instance, simply because, technically, the items were not secured. If I'm the insurance company, I would have a hard time paying this claim due to the lack of securing the items properly. Someone with insurance knowledge, please chime in. :dunno:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Who's fault is it the thief's?

Um. Yeah, pretty much. The responsibility for the theft is 100% that of the thief(s). They are the ones that chose to break the law.

Having said that, I certainly agree that Profire should have taken better precautions. In computer science we often talk about the 80-20 rule. Getting that first 80% in place is relatively inexpensive and will stop the vast majority of people from doing anything wrong. The problem is that last 20% where it gets exponentially more expensive and yet in most cases still won't stop an expert hacker.

It sounds as though Profire did do a lot of things right. Ball hitch lock, wheel lock, etc. I doubt it ever crossed their minds that someone would just load up the whole trailer on a flatbed. They did enough to stop a common thief, but not enough to stop someone with access to the right kind of equipment. Looking back on it, the cheap/easy thing they should have done was to simply not load anything until they were ready to go. That would have meant an early morning for someone but (hindsight being perfect) that simple step probably would have prevented the loss.

I have to wonder though. Someone obviously knew what was in the trailer and when it would be loaded. That someone thinks creatively and has access to heavy equipment. Even if everything was locked in the shop, how long would it have been before they broke in there instead? The loaded trailer was easier but I don't think a safe in a shop would have prevented this forever.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    That trailer was a tin friggn can. The guns were there for the taking.
    dont matter if they bolted the wheels down the stuff was simply left for this pickins.
    the situation started when profire attached that decal and then left class 3 firearms in the back with ammo to go

Again most owners of these trailers know they are a hot spot for tool thieves and in this case case gun thieves. Andrew and his crew obviously didn't.

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I feel bad for these guys... They are going to go through a lot of hassles for it. Probably for a long time. On the other hand I would not leave firearms on the back seat of my locked car and consider it secure. Even with a blanket covering them. Yea they could have been stolen out of the safe in their shop, but that quantity sitting in a tin box outside... Well...

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I have to wonder how the insurance claim is going to pan out. I know it will depend on how the policy is written, and I would think the items are covered while they are in the place of business, personal home, during transportation, and during personal use. I have to wonder if the items are cover in this instance, simply because, technically, the items were not secured. If I'm the insurance company, I would have a hard time paying this claim due to the lack of securing the items properly. Someone with insurance knowledge, please chime in. :dunno:

It is really going to depend on the company and the language in the policy. There is no one size fits all in the insurance business...but you do hit a point about the items being properly secured. IMO, I would bet that in the eyes of most companies, he went above and beyond to properly secure the trailer. Was it smart to store these items in the trailer? No. But he didn't neglect his duties and leave it unlocked though either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm guessing this is gonna somehow fit exactly into the perimeters of the insurance coverage

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have to admit, after seeing what 'hood that empty trailer was discovered in, I do have a bit of fear in the back of my mind that these will be used against the citizenry, the police, or both. I hope to God that I'm wrong....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I kind of doubt the whole "insurance fraud" angle people are hinting at. I can assure you that the insurance company...in addition to the G-men, will be looking closely at this....and everyone would know that ahead of time. This isn't an episode of "Burn Notice".

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I kind of doubt the whole "insurance fraud" angle people are hinting at. I can assure you that the insurance company...in addition to the G-men, will be looking closely at this....and everyone would know that ahead of time. This isn't an episode of "Burn Notice".

I understand this isn't burn notice, but I'm thinking what if...

If I were to steal a trailer, open it up, and find it loaded with weapons, I'd crap my pants for one of two reasons. Either because I hit the mother lode or because I stole items that would definitely bring some heat. The absolute LAST thing I would do is drop off the trailer with a pretty bow on it. I would burn that thing to the ground somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.

Top Bottom