• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah....sounds like a botched deal from beginning. Does anyone know if the gun found laying in Allisonville Road Monday around noon was connected? Never heard nothing else about it....

Could you please tell me where you are getting this info? I have looked and looked and I can't find any record of a gun being recovered either on 86th Street as you mentioned earlier or Allisonville Rd. as you are now saying. You can send me a PM if you want....

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Andrew is a victim because of his own laziness and ignorance. Facts are facts

I just thought I'd throw these ideas out there:

[h=2]fact[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]noun[/h] 1A thing that is indisputably the case

[h=2]opinion[/h][h=3]noun[/h] 1A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Both of those little tidbits are quoted from: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/

There ya go, folks. Notice I'm not naming names or pointing fingers or anything... :stickpoke:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    You should do a little searching around. I hear there are class III firearms just strewn about the place for the taking.

who told you I found a SAW? I didn't find no m249 in the street gutter! Anyone know where to get those 200 round boxes of linked 5.56?

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have read all the posts and pondered on if I should post at all but I feel I must.
    I have been a patron of Profire and find it an excellent shop as well as an asset to the shooting reloading community.
    Andrew has shown his commitment to community and being a responsible business owner by being a very active supporter of the 2nd amendment, Profire is a sponsor of the "Blue Star" program that recognizes veterans and their families. Profire is often supporting other shooting related businesses on weekend by assisting with special events. (That was why his trailer was loaded.) And Andrew is a contribute and sponsor to this very forum.

I too was a victim of a theft several years ago. And although it was not nearly of as much value as Profires. It left me with a whole range of emotions from anger and distrust to embarrassment. Yes it is so easy to look back and see what we should have done. I know he and his staff are going through these feelings for the weeks to come.

I for one will not withhold my patronage and support of one of Indiana best firearms related business's and individuals. And I hope to have the opportunity again soon to shoot some of his Class III pieces.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Wow, you guys really love that false analogy don't you.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I DON'T BLAME PROFIRE FOR THIEVES BEING THIEVES, I BLAME THEM FOR LEAVING VERY DANGEROUS ITEMS OUT WHERE BAD PEOPLE CAN EASILY GET THEM.

Since you appear to be unwilling to actually consider this, let me spell it out:

1. If you leave your trailer full of gold bullion in the alley and it gets boosted, all I'll say is "I'm really sorry to hear that, hope they catch the guys".

2. If you leave your classic car in its trailer in the alley and it gets boosted, all I'll say is "I'm really sorry to hear that, hope they catch the guys".

3. If you leave your trailer of construction equipment in the alley and it gets boosted, all I'll say is "I'm really sorry to hear that, hope they catch the guys".

4. IF YOU LEAVE YOUR TRAILER FULL OF MACHINEGUNS IN THE ALLEY OVERNIGHT AND IT GETS BOOSTED, I WON'T SAY " I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT, HOPE THEY CATCH THE GUYS". I'LL SAY "WTF WERE YOU THINKING LEAVING THAT SORT OF THING OUT WHERE BAD PEOPLE WHO HURT OTHER PEOPLE CAN GET IT".

5. If you leave your prize racehorse in a trailer in the alley and it gets boosted, all I'll say is "I'm really sorry to hear that, hope they catch the guys".

Do you get it now?
    No I don't get it now. A car is dangerous. tools are dangerous. Yes guns are dangerous. I don't think because these guns are full auto that they are more or less dangerous than semi auto ones. With that said I do not believe that the employee of profire made the best decision to leave the trailer loaded with anything let alone guns. However the criminal committed the crime and should be the only one punished.

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I don't think Profire did anything wrong.

When we go on trips I load the travel trailer up before we go and it may have guns and ammo in it for days before we take a trip.

I can remember loading guns and ammo in the truck the night before going hunting with my Dad when I was a kid.

I would say that the trailer was loaded the day before because they didn't want to be loading it up at 5 am and then driving to the event and unloading everything. I would guess that it wasn't the first time they had dun this. It was just there bad luck that the wrong person heard about it and took the stuff.

I like the statement that someone made about all the people that walk on water on this site. I bet they used a boat to do it. No one I know is that perfect.

Come on people. A bad guy stole some stuff that was locked up in a trailer. This isn't the first time it has happened and it will not be the last.

I read about the FBI getting one of there black cars broken into and a bunch of guns where stolen that were full auto. It wasn't the end of the world then and this will not end it now.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Realistically, it's things like this theft that hurt our cause. Thieves will be thieves, that's a given and a constant in the equation of our society. However, one thing that helps our movement is the image of responsibility with such power. Yes, they are dangerous weapons, we are foolish to think they are not and are kidding ourselves. Would say most of the antis I've ever met were scared of guns because they see nothing but irresponsible owners on the news and know the power these or regular weapons hold.

Responsibility in wielding and possessing this power is paramount and this is an example of irresponsibility, pure and simple. It doesn't matter how well the weapons were secured with the trailer, it was the trailer's location and loaded status that caused this to happen. I'll blame thieves if my bike is stolen, but the responsibility for securing said bike is mine.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No I don't get it now. A car is dangerous. tools are dangerous. Yes guns are dangerous. I don't think because these guns are full auto that they are more or less dangerous than semi auto ones. With that said I do not believe that the employee of profire made the best decision to leave the trailer loaded with anything let alone guns. However the criminal committed the crime and should be the only one punished.

I never said profire should be "punished". I said I thought that what they did was at best irresponsible and that the BATFE might not let them play anymore.

The idea that a semiauto = select fire/full auto is ridiculous. Tell you what, you get a semi-auto SAW and I'll get a real one, and all other things being equal who do you think is alive at the end of the day?

A competent fire team with a SAW and 3 m16s could cut a swath through this city that scares the **** out of me.

Nevermind the MG42 that was only spared because it was being repaired.

As the law stands right now, I and most all of the rest of the populace don't get to have a SAW. I have a huge problem with someone leaving one out where criminals can easily get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom