• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I'll try to keep the story brief.....I recently had to sell some guns and gear due to life happening,and was fairly tore up about it.....until I got things squared away,and found out I had money available to buy this.....
    102511_1258.jpg
    NIB Taurus PT145 Pro 10 rd 45.......was expecting it to be "energetic" since it's a small 45....boy was I wrong! While it's not a *****cat,it's not a beast either....and once I figured out the sights,I was able to do this....
    102511_1255.jpg
    8 out of 10 in one hole roughly about 2 1/4" by 1 1/4" or so at 21 feet,the two flyers spread it out to about 4X4(my fault,jerked the trigger instead of pressing, D-OH!) I'm finding she's demanding though....already wants me to take her out and spend more time with her at the range:D

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    You having to cover the target with your front sight? I got The Millenium and Mil Pro. Both I have to cover the target at 7yrds to be fairly accurate

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    You having to cover the target with your front sight? I got The Millenium and Mil Pro. Both I have to cover the target at 7yrds to be fairly accurate
    Yes I am, it was disconcerting at first,But I don't think I'll have a problem getting used to it

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I noticed that first off when my reloads kept hitting low. Finally after a mag thru each I realized to use the front sight to cover the target.

They are nice guns for a Taurus, very forgiving on loads as compared to my Kimbers.
    Best of luck with it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thats how most handguns are sighted, ie to be aimed at center of POA. At least thats been my experience. 6 o'clock hold is typically used in rifles, again, in my experience.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats! Glad you were able to have something! I have had good experiences with the Millenium series from Taurus after I got used to the Heine straight 8 sights. Keep her well fed and enjoy! :D

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I used to have a PT 140 millenium pro and didn't care for the trigger pull (it was long and notchy). Has it gotten better in their newer pistols?

Last edited:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    May this gun provide you the comfort you need to sustain the devastating loss of all of your other guns. They are an emotional attachment to me, so I would have a hard time letting them go!

Looks like a pretty good group for 21'.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    I had one in .45acp as well. It had a few problems. It would partially or fully eject the mag during firing. Sometimes it would cause a jam since the mag would drop out a bit and then the cartridges wouldn't feed.

It was not my grip, I tested it and made sure my hand wasn't hitting the mag release.

Top Bottom