• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Have been an OrganDonor all of my adult life, [STRIKE]I am signing up for the Bone Marrow list right now..[/STRIKE]

Well, I was.. you cannot be a donor if you have Sleep Apnea :(

Thanks. I have Sleep Apnea (OSA) and didn't know this. Always learning something new here.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've been signed up to be an organ donor for years but am apparently too old (over 44) to be of much value in the bone marrow department.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've been signed up to be an organ donor for years but am apparently too old (over 44) to be of much value in the bone marrow department.
    I have been on the bone marrow donor list since age 30 and then was removed shortly before age 50. Now I know the reason. At 66 not much else is going to be of any use. I think everything is starting to wear out. Is there an age cutoff for organs?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Damn, So does anyone on INGO (besides me) NOT have sleep apnea?
    I don't. Too bad I have all that other stuff that keeps me from being a donor.

As someone already said though, I do have it set up for my body to be used by science. Once I am dead I have no further use of my body, my sould is already in Heaven. So if it can do someone some good, then they can do with it as they will. Including being rotted at the Body Farm, I saw a few specials on it and thought that wold be fine if they need me.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have sleep apnea and all my organs work. Just too old. I determined as a young man that when I cross over I will take all my parts with me. I will not consider amputations. I want all my parts when I go; so if the arm or foot goes, so does the rest of me. Silly, I know. Prop me up beside the jukebox or bury me with my boots on--doesn't matter to me. Just put all the parts in the box before you return it to the manufacturer. :D

Top Bottom