Not open for further replies.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Hi All,

First my name, believe it or not there is a town in Ontario, Canada called Bondhead and it is on Highway 88. Years ago a friend and I were driving by the road sign and we broke out laughing. It became a joke every time we went anywhere near that area to call each other Bondhead. I hadn't seen my friend in years and when I did finally see him this past year he immediately asked me if I remembered the town Bond Head. When I told Him I use it for my screen name he was literally rolling on the floor laughing.

I am a Canadian now living in the US. Last month I obtained my Indiana Carry permit and I was tickled pink. While I have had guns in Canada, both Rifles and Handguns (yes you can own handguns in Canada), I have never been able to carry either open or concealed.

Once I got my permit I had to go out with my wife and I took my gun....and it was way cool! It felt like I was driving my first car for the first time when I was a teenager! (except I acted more responsible this time)

In Canada we have been trying to fight back and get our rights back and loosen the gun control laws. Two months ago the bill to disband the long rifle registration was narrowly beaten by two or three votes.

Less than 40% of legitimate long gun owners have complied with the registry laws and it has cost the country billions trying to enforce the law (The Liberal Government claimed that it would only cost 2 million when they introduced it).

I am praying that the current Conservative Government (which is a minority government) will not give up on it's quest to kill this law.

Anyways I am here in Indiana now (and we're loving it) just remember that the battle over keeping your God given rights is always easier than regaining them. Never give up, never surrender, the cost has been too great for so many that gave all for our freedoms.

God Bless America (and Canada)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Welcome to INGO, eh!

From whence in Canadia do you hail? Maritimes? Prairies? Mountains/West/BC? Just curious.

-J-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom