• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    We have all been absorbed with the events that have taken place in Connecticut this morning. It is beyond words, heart breaking, and overwhelmingly tragic. Do not think for one second that the sick minded gun ban lobby will not use this to push legislation to ban firearms. President Obama has already said, in not so many words, that "we need to put all politics aside, and have serious discussions" about..... He never says. But, in the back of our minds we all know what he means.

So, my thoughts are this: If the Brady Campaign, and all of the gun ban crowd are going to use this for their own propaganda why can we not do the same? Now would be the time to contact legislators, law makers, senators, congressmen, state representatives, and local council members to push for the removal of safe zones, educating/training/arming our children's teachers and staff. Furthermore, we as responsible (yes I am assuming you are) firearms owners should be taking this opportunity to educate, discuss, introduce, and demonstrate the benefits and responsibilities of firearms ownership.

Take this day very seriously my friends.... It could very well be the deciding date in our future of firearms ownership

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Perhaps someone would be willing to take the time to write a boilerplate letter up? I'm not much good at wording such things, but would be more than willing to mail it to anyone and everyone that I can.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Perhaps someone would be willing to take the time to write a boilerplate letter up? I'm not much good at wording such things, but would be more than willing to mail it to anyone and everyone that I can.

I am not a good writer, nor do I pretend to be law speak savvy. If someone took the time to write something up that is presentable to someone like governor elect Pence, stat legislators, etc I would GLADY stick my name on it and mail it out.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Here is what they will try and do:

1) Ban sales of magazines holding more than ten rounds. They'll say the shooter shot 30 people to easy because he didn't have to change magazines enough.

2) Require FFA transfer for private sales. They will say they are doing this to prevent the mentally I'll or criminals from bypassing the record check. They may also require FFA transfers on all long guns.

3) They will try to require a waiting period on the purchase of all firearms so that they can do more stringent background checks. This would destroy the gun show business if it took more than 24 hours, but part of their goal would be to eliminate gun shows, so it will probably be 72 hours or more.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Here is what they will try and do:

1) Ban sales of magazines holding more than ten rounds. They'll say the shooter shot 30 people to easy because he didn't have to change magazines enough.

2) Require FFA transfer for private sales. They will say they are doing this to prevent the mentally I'll or criminals from bypassing the record check. They may also require FFA transfers on all long guns.

3) They will try to require a waiting period on the purchase of all firearms so that they can do more stringent background checks. This would destroy the gun show business if it took more than 24 hours, but part of their goal would be to eliminate gun shows, so it will probably be 72 hours or more.

I posted this in the other thread but Connecticut laws are already pretty strict. Would have been enought to stop him from getting guys. Oh, but someone didn't follow the laws as the 20 had handguns not under someone's direct supervision.

"Any person who is twenty-one years of age or older may apply to the Commissioner of Public Safety for an eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver. The Commissioner must issue this certificate if the applicant may lawfully possess a handgun under state and federal law, and has successfully completed an approved handgun safety or training course. The applicant must be fingerprinted and pay all appropriate fees ($35). The certificate is valid for 5 years. The Commissioner of Public Safety must be notified within 2 business days of an address change.

A certificate of eligibility for a handgun does not authorize an individual to carry a pistol or revolver.

It is unlawful to sell or transfer a handgun to any person who is forbidden to possess a firearm under state or federal law, or to a person under 21. However, a handgun may be temporarily transferred to a person under 21 for target shooting under the immediate supervision of a person eligible to possess a handgun and such use is otherwise permitted by law."

but yeah, more laws are what we need to keep us safe.

Top Bottom