• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Well, according to some brain dead judge a young girl of any age can now get Plan B, the "Morning After" drug without a prescription or adult permission. Link: Girls of any age now allowed to buy morning-after pill Doesn't this idiot know that know one has any idea what the potential side effects on an adolescent are because they can't run clinical trials on them?

Now let me see if I have this straight, a school nurse can barely give a child Tylenol or Ibuprofen, but a child can get a an abortion pill without an adult's permission or a doctor's prescription. And an underage child or teen can't get a tonsillectomy without a parent or guardian's permission, but can have an abortion without a release from a parent or guardian.

This country is in desperate need of an enema.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    On the one hand I agree with you. This is pretty crazy. On the other hand, I remember being younger and realize that no matter how much you teach your kids that sex isn't something to toy with, they will still do what they want to do. You can't watch them 24/7. My mother was adamant that I abstain from sexual relations until i was married. Considering I was a parent by the time I was 17, I'd say I didn't listen to her. I'm not advocating this in any way. I'm just not saying I disagree with it. It's a pretty rough argument and it's difficult (for me anyway) to choose sides.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Plan B, or Next Choice are designed to cease ovulation for a period of time. Usually 24 to 48 hours. These pills operate on the same principles that normal prescription birth control pill does. Levonorgestrel, which is the acting chemical in these pills would have no other abnormal side effects than a normal pill.

At the end of the day, I think it was a pretty smart choice that judge made. Realistically you are never going to stop underage teens from having sex. This is real life. So, giving them an option to help prevent teenage pregnancy is a pretty good idea. Like it or not, it is better than having 16 year old kids raising kids of their own.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't like that the parent is having their authority removed.
    Other drugs need parental permission. Surgery requires it. Why is this different?

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Plan B, or Next Choice are designed to cease ovulation for a period of time. Usually 24 to 48 hours. These pills operate on the same principles that normal prescription birth control pill does. Levonorgestrel, which is the acting chemical in these pills would have no other abnormal side effects than a normal pill.

At the end of the day, I think it was a pretty smart choice that judge made. Realistically you are never going to stop underage teens from having sex. This is real life. So, giving them an option to help prevent teenage pregnancy is a pretty good idea. Like it or not, it is better than having 16 year old kids raising kids of their own.

So some of you are cool with it? Do any of you wonder why any other drug MUST be had by prescription? It is because there are ALWAYS the possibility of side effects and complications. AND there are always the possibility of contraindications when other medications are involved that adults are unaware of let alone a child that has absolutely NO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER. Do you think young kids are going to ask the pharmacist about those? We aren't talking about children's aspirin here.

Yes they do, because they are MEGA DOSES of that type of medication. They have to be to do what they do. And if the regular thing is prescription only, why in the he!! would anyone in their right mind want a child to be able to have unfettered access to the mega dose? How big a fool does one have to be? The medical community has absolutely no idea what the effect will be of this stuff on young adolescents. They can't do double blind studies of this on adults for obvious reasons and drugs in general are rarely tested on young children and pregnant women because no one wants to arbitrarily risk the health of a young child or fetus. That is why drugs must be had by prescriptions from TRAINED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. DOH!!

And the FDA requires doctor prescription for children under 17 years. BUUUUT, what to they know? Apparently not as much as Judge Dingbat.

I wonder if the moron judge that handed down this decision is willing to take the responsibility for the children that end up with complications from taking this pill without a doctor's oversight. Ever heard of ectopic pregnancy? It is one of the potential side effects of this drug. BUT, it's no more dangerous than aspirin right? You both know that with 100% certainty RIGHT? Do the two of you want to trust the judgment of adolescent 12, 13, 14, 15 year old children to know how to watch out for themselves and their health. The same kids that you have to get after to brush their teeth, wash their hands, pick up after themselves, not do stupid things in general. That basically require supervision for so many things that adults do? That never do anything fun to the excess? Right? They are uniquely responsible, RIGHT?

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Do you even understand what the morning after pill does? Why are you being so closed minded about it?

Also, you do realize that even children have a right to privacy as well right? And although their parent must consent for all kinds of BS procedures, that there are certain things that healthcare providers do not need permission to do.

STD's and pregnancy related issues are one of those areas.

You seem to think everything has to be black or white, right or wrong, when in fact everything is just a variation of grey.

Personally Id rather every kid get a ****ing MAP than to have to really ruin their life and then ruin ours by being on welfare the rest of their lives.

I suppose you oppose to any form of birth control for anyone under say...what age 16? There are medical reasons for BC before the typical age, and they are too much to try to explain without need.

So some of you are cool with it? Do any of you wonder why any other drug MUST be had by prescription? It is because there are ALWAYS the possibility of side effects and complications. AND there are always the possibility of contraindications when other medications are involved that adults are unaware of let alone a child that has absolutely NO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER. Do you think young kids are going to ask the pharmacist about those? We aren't talking about children's aspirin here.

Yes they do, because they are MEGA DOSES of that type of medication. They have to be to do what they do. And if the regular thing is prescription only, why in the he!! would anyone in their right mind want a child to be able to have unfettered access to the mega dose? How big a fool does one have to be? The medical community has absolutely no idea what the effect will be of this stuff on young adolescents. They can't do double blind studies of this on adults for obvious reasons and drugs in general are rarely tested on young children and pregnant women because no one wants to arbitrarily risk the health of a young child or fetus. That is why drugs must be had by prescriptions from TRAINED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. DOH!!

And the FDA requires doctor prescription for children under 17 years. BUUUUT, what to they know? Apparently not as much as Judge Dingbat.

I wonder if the moron judge that handed down this decision is willing to take the responsibility for the children that end up with complications from taking this pill without a doctor's oversight. Ever heard of ectopic pregnancy? It is one of the potential side effects of this drug. BUT, it's no more dangerous than aspirin right? You both know that with 100% certainty RIGHT? Do the two of you want to trust the judgment of adolescent 12, 13, 14, 15 year old children to know how to watch out for themselves and their health. The same kids that you have to get after to brush their teeth, wash their hands, pick up after themselves, not do stupid things in general. That basically require supervision for so many things that adults do? That never do anything fun to the excess? Right? They are uniquely responsible, RIGHT?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Right to privacy, from their parent. No.
    Didn't mean to bold this...lol

Anyways, this is the exact same as telling a pyschiatrist something that you wouldn't tell anyone else, protected info. They are still people, and deserve the same rights as any other patient.

The above bolded part is the problem, you may have a valid point...but that point does not tread water legally.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    This may not turn out to be a real problem in the long run. This morning's paper said that each of those pills retails for $40 or $50, so as long as they remain that price, I can't imagine that most teenagers will want to spend that kind of money very often. Might even have the unintended effect of cutting down on unprotected sex if the kid had to pony up the cash earlier and now starts thinking that they may have to find another $50 if they don't take (less expensive) precautions the next time.

Of course, at that price point, I can see a black market developing, though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And who will ensure they get a follow-up pregnancy test? As evidenced by 12yo having sex, they don't understand consequences or make good decisions. They're kids.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Didn't mean to bold this...lol

Anyways, this is the exact same as telling a pyschiatrist something that you wouldn't tell anyone else, protected info. They are still people, and deserve the same rights as any other patient.

The above bolded part is the problem, you may have a valid point...but that point does not tread water legally.

You're treading on very dangerous ground. If children are given absolute legal autonomy, then it becomes that much easier to replace parents with the state when it comes to decision-making.

As long as the parent has any legal responsibility for them, then parents should have complete responsibility for them, including all medical decisions.

Last edited:

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Taking parents out of the equation is fundamentally wrong and flawed. An 11 year old does not have any business being able to obtain birth control on their own under any kind of circumstance. The govt needs to get out of the family life. The govt has proven that they are the most competent organization with the ability to SCREW UP EVERYTHING. That alone is reason enough that this judge's ruling is absurd, flawed and fundamentally wrong.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Calling this an "abortion pill" seems on par with calling an AR-15 an "assault rifle."

But I don't understand why teenagers should really need this, condoms are thrown at them by Planned Parenthood and sold at gas stations. Why so would they be so stupid to not use one?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't want my kids buying drugs from strangers because it is bad and illegal but the state is willing to sell prescription drugs to my children without my consent.

If one of these girls get caught with this at school will they be kicked out the same as they would do to my children if they had an ibuprofen? Zero tolerance and all:dunno:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No, you don't get kicked out for drugs the Liberals approve your using.

Might an underdeveloped (in her mind) girl take several of these to try to enhance her bust size?

Might a gay boy take them to appear more feminine?

What are the side effects of taking one or two a day for two weeks?

Can of worms...

Oh well, if bad things happen they can always blame it on George Bush for not providing government-funded abortion for everyone.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Children don't have the rights of adults, nor should they. That is why they are called children and not adults. What is so hard to understand about that? Of course when an 18 year old gets him/ herself in deep trouble, the liberal news media calls them "teenagers".

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah, who cares. Why should we think human life is worth anything at all. It's all chaos and chance anyway.....
    Either that or we will be accountable for our actions.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I predict: Most pharmacists wont risk a lawsuit by dispensing it to a young patient. The risks of severe side effects are not fully known, and proper counseling will most likely be disregarded. The high dollar item will be stocked behind the pharmacy counter out of plain view (as some pharmacies store them now), and "sorry, we are out" or "not without a parent" will be common responses to Plan-B

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

this exactly.....

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I predict: Most pharmacists wont risk a lawsuit by dispensing it to a young patient. The risks of severe side effects are not fully known, and proper counseling will most likely be disregarded. The high dollar item will be stocked behind the pharmacy counter out of plain view (as some pharmacies store them now), and "sorry, we are out" or "not without a parent" will be common responses to Plan-B

Yeah right!

I heard about this on the radio last night. The quote was something like..." we have to be able to help these children that are EXPOSED to unprotected sex."

These poor children! They just breathed the air, and were "exposed".

A school nurse can't hand out baby aspirin, but soon enough a "child" will be able to walk in to Planned Parenthood or perhaps a school clinic, and get an abortion pill for free!

Top Bottom