• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I just recently bought this from a fellow INGO member and took it out to the range a couple days ago. It is a 1979 production A-100 stamped frame gun. Sadly I drove my truck out because it was a nice day and I didn't grab my shooting glasses out of the Mini. Without my glasses I cannot focus on the front sight...or the rear for that matter. So all my shooting was done with a blurry set of sights.

rugermki.jpg

The gun performed perfectly through about 50 rounds or so of Federal Auto-Match. However the 25 yard group I shot definitely showed the effect of me shooting sans glasses with a well placed but largish 3 inch group. Given I was working with a handicap I didn't feel it was too bad and the sights seemed to shoot to POA pretty well. I tried a magazine at 100 yards and hit our steel B-27 seven rounds out of nine...felt good about that.

rugertarget.jpg

All in all I am very happy with this pistol. It has been years since I shot a Ruger MK of any type and I had forgotten what natural pointers they are. The gun sits deep in the hand and unlike many of the plastic or alloy 22s made today the all steel Ruger has a very comforting weight in the hand. This one is a keeper!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Shot this again today with some Wolf Match Extra, even remembered to take my glasses. Shot into just over an inch at 25 yards off a rest. Group was about 3/4 of an inch right but that is easily cured by drifting the sight slightly. It was also centered about an high but that doesn't bother me...with these sights a 6 o'clock hold works best. Still waiting on the mags from Midway...I had forgotten how slow their shipping is.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Having lucked into a 1976 version[w/walnut grips] of your gun 2 yrs ago,I have to agree-have the changes over the years really been improvements? What's there to fix?

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Having lucked into a 1976 version[w/walnut grips] of your gun 2 yrs ago,I have to agree-have the changes over the years really been improvements? What's there to fix?
    If I remember correctly, the Mk.II was the first one where the bolt locked open on the empty magazine. I rather like that feature, the Mk.II is perfect in my opinion. Not that the Mk.I is junk or anything, I like those things.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    that's a good point. I've also tried one of the new,long,heavy barreled target models-def. more accurate, but at twice the weight[seemed like!] Might consider one of those if the right deal came along. Different gun for a different use. Those Ruger guys are pretty bright!

Top Bottom