• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Good work! Way to stick with it and rationally make your case using facts.

If we had more people like you voting, the world would be a much better place. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Without looking it up, I'm going to guess that your Senator is Earline Rogers.

I heard her speaking against SB 411 yesterday and quite frankly, it amazes me that the woman is able to dress herself and move about in public without a guardian, not to mention find her backside even with the aid of a roadmap and a flashlight. The idiocy she was spouting was what I would expect in an insane asylum from someone who'd had a psychotic episode.

Good on you for making the attempt, but reasoning with her will be like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Blessings,
    Bill

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Well done sir, well done. You used facts and did not resort to any name calling as so often happens in political discussions. Reps to you. We need more people willing to have common sense discussions with out elected representatives. We can't just vote and then assume they will look out for our best interests.

She, on the other hand, scares me.

I loved the pink PJ's comment too.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Don't be so quick to give me to Illinois, TM. I had my chance to live there and turned it down for the Indiana side. :)

Keep up the great work!!! We want to keep you in Indiana.:yesway: It's absolutely amazing how some of these people get elected. Keep the information flowing, and shed the light of truth. :patriot:

indymps6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Brownsburg
    What a great interaction! I do wonder if you were actually exchanging e-mails with the Senator or her legislative assistant.

I worked on the house R staff for a year and for lobbying groups for a few years. I left it all behind in disgust. As I've been away from it for a number of years, I can't say I'm familiar with all of the current legislators (except the Senate which is like a cryogenic chamber keeping the dead preserved!), but when I was there, the feeling I always had was the legislators were clueless as to 90%+ of the pending legislation. LSA writes up the drafts, the lobbyists tweak it over and over, a committee either will rubber-stamp it or kill it and then it becomes a commodity item with an ultimate outcome controlled by just a few people.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Well done! You managed to actually get a politician to read legislature they think disagree with!

I know everyone else liked the last comment, and I got a chuckle out of it, but I want to interject something useful for everyone. When talking to ANYONE about one political topic, do NOT bring up another, unless it provides a valid contribution to the discussion, and is worded in a way that will not offend, be argumentative, or derail the conversation. You will discredit yourself. I am sure you had her feeling kind of dumb, maybe even thinking about the issue at hand (and actually reading it!). The very second you called it "Obamacare", she probably rolled her eyes and forget everything you just wrote. To many, the connotation "Obamacare" brings about is negative, and could easily associate you with the "far right" crowd, which makes you a sub-human in the minds of most "far left", and even some "moderates". My point is, you didnt do as much good as you could have. You did however still make progress, and got her thinking, which is a huge win, so dont take this as negative, just a suggestion for yourself and the rest of INGO for future conversations with law makers (and lets hope there are many of them!)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The empty head on WXIN this morning was yammering about the legislation that would "allow people to carry handguns anywhere!"

Apparently, your Senator wasn't the only one who can't read or use logic. Very disappointing...

Top Bottom