• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (Just an observation here) Que was from the INGO "back in the day". Full disclosure: never met him in the realz or had an interaction with him online. When the old threads get hit with the defibrillator and come back I always see avatars of folks from "back in the day" when I was new in these parts.

As memories fade we tend to remember the positives unless it was a really bad situation. To borrow a line from Billy Joel, "The good old days weren't always so good..."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    (Just an observation here) Que was from the INGO "back in the day". Full disclosure: never met him in the realz or had an interaction with him online. When the old threads get hit with the defibrillator and come back I always see avatars of folks from "back in the day" when I was new in these parts.

As memories fade we tend to remember the positives unless it was a really bad situation. To borrow a line from Billy Joel, "The good old days weren't always so good..."
    The Ingo of then is not the Ingo of now. The heavy-handed approach from most of the staff then was needed. It was when I got my Mod badge. The attitudes and attack artists lined the threads. It took a while to sort the place out.
    I will admit to missing a lot of those folks, but more than a few good members were targeted and dismissed by a few of the staff back then.
    I had a lot of fun then and still do but yes, its different.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Ingo of then is not the Ingo of now. The heavy-handed approach from most of the staff then was needed. It was when I got my Mod badge. The attitudes and attack artists lined the threads. It took a while to sort the place out.
    I will admit to missing a lot of those folks, but more than a few good members were targeted and dismissed by a few of the staff back then.
    I had a lot of fun then and still do but yes, its different.
    Kind of like when Wyatt Earp cleaned up Dodge City? Only instead of whacking them with your Colt Buntline Special you used the Ban Hammer.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Made a deal to buy a couple mags off him at a show. Found him and he told me someone came up to him and bought them.

That was my only interaction with him. Like others said, not sure what others saw in him.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    He did ban me once, but I'll admit it was 100% warranted and any mod that saw it would've had to. The offending line in the post was something like "I know this is going to get me a 2 week vacation but...."

Whoops

Top Bottom