• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I grabbed onto this oddball today. It's kind of a neat little rifle, shell deflector, 15 rd. mags, and compensator. Does anybody have any experience with this critter?
    Stock photos
    afed5559d90f1abe221c483c1588e20d.jpg

53eec175759a640a60ff7da9cd6587b3.jpg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I picked one up for my grandson a couple years ago, had 3 15 round mags with it also. cleaned it up good and he hasnt had a issue with it yet. But on the downside we havent been able to find mags or it in case these fail. Hope you have as much luck with yours as we have.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mossberg?

-J-
    This was manufactured by a company called Squires Bingham in the Philippines, and the rifle is called the Squibman model 20A. I don't know when it was manufactured, but apparently they were made into the early 80s. Squires Bingham moved to the US and became Armscor. Magazines are available by ordering through Armscor. As far as a click clack action, I'm not sure. I actually had to Google it, as it was a new term to me. Haven't got to shoot it yet.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This was manufactured by a company called Squires Bingham in the Philippines, and the rifle is called the Squibman model 20A. I don't know when it was manufactured, but apparently they were made into the early 80s. Squires Bingham moved to the US and became Armscor. Magazines are available by ordering through Armscor. As far as a click clack action, I'm not sure. I actually had to Google it, as it was a new term to me. Haven't got to shoot it yet.

Roger that. Thought "squibman" in the title was referring to something else.

Still - certainly looks like an older Mossberg semi-auto...

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    It has a distinctly different sound and bolt mechanism than any other .22 that I own.

I believe that this is why he asked...
    Does that have a click clack action?

Does the bolt stay open when you hold the trigger after you fire?
    Can you hear a "click clack" sound as the action cycles?
    Does the bolt push in/pull out (perpendicular to the barrel) so that you can "lock" it either open or closed?

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alright guys, just ran out and put some rounds through it. The bolt seems to cycle normally, meaning the bolt does not stay back until trigger is released. The cycling is audibly louder than a 10/22 or marlin 60. The bolt can be locked back via pulling the bolt back and pushing in the bolt handle. Upon researching click clack actions, it seems they tend to be slower actioning, I did not notice any slowness in the cycling.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe that this is why he asked...

Does the bolt stay open when you hold the trigger after you fire?
    Can you hear a "click clack" sound as the action cycles?
    Does the bolt push in/pull out (perpendicular to the barrel) so that you can "lock" it either open or closed?

I have an old High Standard Sport King Special rifle that does both of these things. It's one of the ones known as a "gill rifle".

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I have an old High Standard Sport King Special rifle that does both of these things. It's one of the ones known as a "gill rifle".

Yes sir :yesway:

I have a 1953 Savage/Stevens Model 87B that i restored a few months ago https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing/327676-stevens-model-87b-cleanup-advice.html

OP...in the thread i had, there are a lot of good links that might help you out. I know of one in there somewhere that went to "Rimfire Central" and was all about gill guns, which i think yours may fall in that category

Edit: Found it http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344753 There's 33 pages worth of information there, not sure if there's anything specifically about your gun though

Top Bottom