• ...and so much more!
  • sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Moderators, I'm not certain this is the forum for this, but here goes:

I currently go to the Doctor (my GP) in Broad Ripple near where I live, he's with the St. Vincent Physician Network.

There's a sign on the door essentially saying "No Weapons Allowed".

I like the doctor a lot, but don't really care to wait my turn patiently to die at lunatic's hand if something bad happens. (or cower under a desk with scissors or whatever crock the current executive administration recommends).

So I want to Downsize my doctor and find another who may not have a sign like that on their door.

Now its your turn, forum, does your General Practitioner Doc have a sign like that on their door? If they're within 20 miles of downtown Indianapolis, I'd like to know.

Thanks,
    Sailing On

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I've never paid attention to my doctors office to see what it says, he hasn't said anything either.
    Then again he is still his own practice (even though he has other doctors in there too). My wife goes to one of the Hospital ran doctors and they have a big NO GUN sign.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My GP definitely does NOT have a sign like that and she knows for a fact I carry and has even asked about my carry choice and why I chose it. She wants to take lessons and get her permit. My GP is also in BLOOMINGTON Indiana if you can believe it - the center of the universe on all things liberal.

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    red_zr24x4, PM just sent. I'd like to get this whole doctor switching thing over with before Obozo care goes into full swing.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    One of the few places that I disarm before going in. The way I figure it is that the chances are high that I will have my clothes off at some point so that means that my firearm is no longer in my control. How do you handle this?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've paid a trip to a dentist for my root canal, and back to my regular dentist for the crown and neither knew I was carrying or if they did, they didn't say anything because...why should it bother anyone?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    My DR. and I usually talk guns for about a 1/2hr before he even asks whats wrong with me.
    I have that same conversation with liberals all the time. They find out I own guns, and they say, "What's wrong with you?!"

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    For those in need of Chiropractic care in SE Indiana, The Dodge Clinic is firearms friendly. He knows I carry and has encouraged me to carry whenever I visit.

Dr. Dodge is an Army Reservist and loves to talk firearms.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    St. Vincent Physician Network

This is why. My Dr. is also a member of this network but he is a gun guy. The policy is probably not your Dr.'s choice. I have spoke with my Dr. about the sign on his door and he said it is not his not his policy.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    We sont have a GP butbour pediatrician doesnt have any signs up. He is an AWESOME old school doc and is a great guy in general but I still CC when we go. I am one of them there fellas who dont go around wearing his irons in the open... (read in a cowboy voice as I cant put it in purple on my phone tonight for some reaskn)... I dont OC anytime but definately would not to a Dr's office just because of the recent events.
    If you find one with no sign and like them then wear it in CC and if you must strip then wrap it in your jacket or shirt when the nurse leaves ya.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    If I see a sign on a doctors office that said no weapons allowed, I would run very fast.
    That is almost as insulting as a doctor asking my wife "Does your husband have firearms at home?" or a teacher asking my kid "Does your daddy have a gun?".

Lucklily my doctor is gun friendly and we talk hunting and shooting at most of my visits.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    red_zr24x4, PM just sent. I'd like to get this whole doctor switching thing over with before Obozo care goes into full swing.

Sorry I didn't get a pm (I don't think you have enough posts to pm)

I have that same conversation with liberals all the time. They find out I own guns, and they say, "What's wrong with you?!"
    My conversations usually consist of us asking each other what new guns we have bought or something about reloading, none of this "why do you own guns," talk.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've paid a trip to a dentist for my root canal, and back to my regular dentist for the crown and neither knew I was carrying or if they did, they didn't say anything because...why should it bother anyone?

I usually don't have to undress for my dentist, my doctor, yes it can happen

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Find a doctor you like and try to keep them. Obamacare will screw everything up and end a lot of professional relationships. To avoid a competent doctor due to arbitrary signs by a company he works for seems a tad silly. Medicine is already overwhelmed and it's about to get a lot worse. The more barriers you place on yourself to get medical care, the less you will receive :twocents:

I am a doctor, I called my FP's office to schedule an appointment for an issue and was told next appt is in July...

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Find a doctor you like and try to keep them. Obamacare will screw everything up and end a lot of professional relationships. To avoid a competent doctor due to arbitrary signs by a company he works for seems a tad silly. Medicine is already overwhelmed and it's about to get a lot worse. The more barriers you place on yourself to get medical care, the less you will receive :twocents:

I am a doctor, I called my FP's office to schedule an appointment for an issue and was told next appt is in July...

just write yourself prescriptions. there's no law against it (liberty!).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    just write yourself prescriptions. there's no law against it (liberty!).

It's difficult to self-evaluate honestly though. Also, insurances will deny self-referred testing if it's expensive. I treat my kids but my wife gets mad and wants it all documented in their medical record. I've been told it's a HIPPA violation if I open my family's records to review or document even if I'm their treating physician because it's not "a requirement to do my job" since I am not employed to treat my family at home.

This is what the idiot government gets us.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It's a corporate thing.

Since coming to Indy I've had two lady doctors in the St. Vincent system. Both of their buildings are marked as criminal protection zones, which I ignore. When I would come into the office the first one would laugh and say to her assistant, "Don't bother trying to weigh him...he'll just tell you what he weighs."

Alas, she bailed on St. Vincent and took a job making skinny bus drivers out of fat bus drivers.

The wife got us a new lady doctor and I saw her for the first time a few days ago. She's Indian, looks about 16 and is cuter than a speckled pup. Her building is marked as well.

She ordered me out of my vest to listen to my boiler so I explained to her that I was armed. I figured the worst that could happen was that she'd run screaming from the room and I'd be doctor shopping again.

The little dollbaby glanced at the two N-frame Smiths on my hips, smiled, and stuck her stethoscope on my chest.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    She ordered me out of my vest to listen to my boiler so I explained to her that I was armed. I figured the worst that could happen was that she'd run screaming from the room and I'd be doctor shopping again.

The little dollbaby glanced at the two N-frame Smiths on my hips, smiled, and stuck her stethoscope on my chest.

If the NRA had a "dear penthouse" style section, this is how all the letters would start :):

Top Bottom