A Factory Complete BCM for $899 shipped!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh wow, that didn't take long to turn into a which is better thread. There's no denying BCM's status among AR makers, but imma throw a little curve ball in here.

Ahem.

PISTON DRIVEN MASTER RACE! ADAMS ARMS OR BUST!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wouldn't surprise me if BCM is using Colt parts too. You guys realize BCM and most other AR "manufacturers" dont actually manufacture much, if anything, on their own? Well, maybe their rails and some other parts. But they aren't making barrels, BCGs, receivers, small parts, etc. They source it, assemble it and then brand it their own.

This is correct and it includes Colt. Colt does not manufacture every component for their rifles (I'd be surprised to find that they produce half of them), I don't know of any company that does. When they source their parts they have the ability to control things like tolerances, materials, hardening and finishes and some are more selective than others. Tighter tolerances, high quality materials and some finishes cost more than others and a rifle built by someone who knows what they are doing with high quality and tightly controlled components can put out one hell of a rifle, BCM falls squarely into this category. There are also plenty of rifles out their that work very well without the attention to detail.

I won't bust on Colt as all of my experience with Colt rifles has been with their rifles manufactured at least 10 years ago and to a rifle they were outstanding. I've heard that things have changed since then and it is a shame if that is the case. They've obviously had financial issues and it wouldn't be unexpected that they may loosen their criteria to increase profits. At one time they were undoubtedly the gold standard.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh wow, that didn't take long to turn into a which is better thread. There's no denying BCM's status among AR makers, but imma throw a little curve ball in here.

Ahem.

PISTON DRIVEN MASTER RACE! ADAMS ARMS OR BUST!

I'm not sure that curve ball made it halfway to the plate. :): :ar15:

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    This is correct and it includes Colt. Colt does not manufacture every component for their rifles (I'd be surprised to find that they produce half of them), I don't know of any company that does. When they source their parts they have the ability to control things like tolerances, materials, hardening and finishes and some are more selective than others. Tighter tolerances, high quality materials and some finishes cost more than others and a rifle built by someone who knows what they are doing with high quality and tightly controlled components can put out one hell of a rifle, BCM falls squarely into this category. There are also plenty of rifles out their that work very well without the attention to detail.

I won't bust on Colt as all of my experience with Colt rifles has been with their rifles manufactured at least 10 years ago and to a rifle they were outstanding. I've heard that things have changed since then and it is a shame if that is the case. They've obviously had financial issues and it wouldn't be unexpected that they may loosen their criteria to increase profits. At one time they were undoubtedly the gold standard.

True, but Colt has the ability to produce most, if not all, parts needed. Of course, they contract out to keep up with demand. But even their contracted out parts are still built and tested to the TDP. Can the same be said about PSA/DD/Spikes/etc. Hell, DD just issued a safety recall on some of their rifles due to a disconnector issue.

Colt is still building according to the TDP. Only quality issues have been cosmetic stuff.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    True, but Colt has the ability to produce most, if not all, parts needed. Of course, they contract out to keep up with demand. But even their contracted out parts are still built and tested to the TDP. Can the same be said about PSA/DD/Spikes/etc. Hell, DD just issued a safety recall on some of their rifles due to a disconnector issue.

Colt is still building according to the TDP. Only quality issues have been cosmetic stuff.
    I know BCM contracts out on anlotnbut I don't know on what. However their tolerances are
    much higher than a colt.
    Also let me be clear that I'm only talking about colts mAde within the last year or so. There are plenty of poor quality control examples online on real gun sites dealing with specificly AR's. I'm not a encyclopedia. It takes me long enough to find the crap I want to find online.
    but colt finish quality has always sucked, although for a tool I don't mind and I love my older colts.

for the record Daniel Defense is one of the only companies that makes almost everything in house. Awesome guns.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Oh wow, that didn't take long to turn into a which is better thread. There's no denying BCM's status among AR makers, but imma throw a little curve ball in here. Ahem. PISTON DRIVEN MASTER RACE! ADAMS ARMS OR BUST!
    I have two of their 7.5 " pistols and love them . I've ran over 1,000 suppressed rnds through both of them without a hiccup using nasty steel cased surplus . Not mention how much cleaner they run .

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thanks TT, ordered three, just cuz! $899 after code. Probably not a better rifle on the market right now at this price!? Sure we're gonna have the $499 PSA crowd here shortly, and I too think the 6920 has taken a dive of late, but to each his own!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My experience with older and fairly new colts has been most excellent, they're still my go to. But I think Bcm and DD and even spikes are all great guns too. The OP is a great deal on a slick rifle!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd still take the Sionics deal over this right now :popcorn:

It's cheaper and every bit as good (if not a bit better).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope. Sionics needs a lower and stock.

BCM needs a stock and a handguard.

The BCM will cost more than the Sionics.

Either will be excellent. But I think the value is higher with that Sionics package.

no sionics lower though with it is there?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nope. Sionics needs a lower and stock.

BCM needs a stock and a handguard.

The BCM will cost more than the Sionics.

Either will be excellent. But I think the value is higher with that Sionics package.
    ive never tried sionics but I have read many great things especially the extra steps they take for qc. Very impressive. Do you have the link to that upper? Thanks for the recommendation. I have a couple extra BCM uppers, I need another BCM lower no more uppers really but I want to check out a sionics

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Don't worry about it. Nothing to see here. Move along. :laugh:

But seriously, they're excellent. Don't take it from me. Read up on them. You won't find anything negative from anyone who knows anything about ARs.

What the **** is a sonics?

Top Bottom