• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Brad, by street prices, I'm talking selling prices at big sites, such as bladehq, knifecenter, knifeworks, etc...
    The prices have gone up because of the newly enforced MAP policies of BM. Again, if everyone on this site is just burrying their heads in the sand and not acknowledging it, that's fine. But street prices have gone up, and I'm not talking secondary prices.

Our difference is in the definition of "street price". I always refer to street price as the secondary market. Bladehq, Knifecenter, Knifeworks, and the other big on line dealers are direct dealers with Benchmade and their business practices in how they were selling Benchmade products is the reason Benchmade started enforcing the MAP policy that has always been in place since day one. So yes, I acknowledge that prices from these direct dealers has gone up. Here is the thing though, as Vigilant has pointed out, if you know a Benchmade dealer, you usually can get a better deal than the MAP price. If you go to my website, you will see my Benchmade products priced at MAP. If you come to my store (Revolver Tactical in Noblesville), you will see Benchmade product priced at MAP. If you come to one of the gun & knife shows that I'm attending, you will see the sticker price on Benchmade products at MAP, but this does not mean that I won't cut you a better deal than MAP.....I do it all of the time, as the members here on INGO who have bought Benchmade products from me will testify. :)

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Our difference is in the definition of "street price". I always refer to street price as the secondary market. Bladehq, Knifecenter, Knifeworks, and the other big on line dealers are direct dealers with Benchmade and their business practices in how they were selling Benchmade products is the reason Benchmade started enforcing the MAP policy that has always been in place since day one. So yes, I acknowledge that prices from these direct dealers has gone up. Here is the thing though, as Vigilant has pointed out, if you know a Benchmade dealer, you usually can get a better deal than the MAP price. If you go to my website, you will see my Benchmade products priced at MAP. If you come to my store (Revolver Tactical in Noblesville), you will see Benchmade product priced at MAP. If you come to one of the gun & knife shows that I'm attending, you will see the sticker price on Benchmade products at MAP, but this does not mean that I won't cut you a better deal than MAP.....I do it all of the time, as the members here on INGO who have bought Benchmade products from me will testify. :)

Sounds like we're on the same page. I'll have to swing by at some point during one of the shows and check out getting a new work knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Sounds like we're on the same page. I'll have to swing by at some point during one of the shows and check out getting a new work knife.

I look forward in meeting you sometime at one of the shows. I carry a lot more than just Benchmade knives...I even carry Microtech! :stickpoke: :lmfao:

Seriously though, next time your at a show that I'm attending, stop by for a visit.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Brad, by street prices, I'm talking selling prices at big sites, such as bladehq, knifecenter, knifeworks, etc...
    The prices have gone up because of the newly enforced MAP policies of BM. Again, if everyone on this site is just burrying their heads in the sand and not acknowledging it, that's fine. But street prices have gone up, and I'm not talking secondary prices.

So....you don't like a company because they try and protect dealers and their beliefs that the price reflects the quality of their name?

Hell if anything it's a good thing on several accounts, mainly for the buyer because if MAP gets higher, a lot of people don't know knife dealers so they pretty much always buy at MAP. Meaning if you ever sell your used Benchmade, it now becomes worth more because the price of new ones are X amount of dollars.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I buy Benchmades over Spyderco for two reasons, IMO the only spyderco's that rival the quality of a BM are made here in the US and costs are very similar. But since Spyderco has chose to make many of their knives overseas and BM has made the decision to make more of their knives here in the states.

And ever since I have bought my first BM and beat the crap out of it is still does me good to today, I had a spyderco that I bought and cracked the plastic on the handle. I use my knives hard and always thought, well my knives will break like my spyderco did but none of my BM have.

I am not trying to knock spyderco, they were the first nicer knife I bought after bending or breaking all the cheap knives I would buy. The spyderco did me very good but after a few years the grip got a crack in it. I can't seem to break any of my my BM and I had my oldest one for 5-6 years

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

I'll testify to this! You won't find a better guy to deal with. Brad gave me a great deal on my edc BM710 in D2. Replaced my PM2. He's sold me a few spydeys as well. Gave me a great deal on a persistence for my 11 yo daughter. He even hooked my buddy up with a griptillian.

All my new folders come from Brad and my fixed blades from Sheila.

Top Bottom