• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Bought my first handgun this past Sunday at the Tipton Gun Show. Went with a used S&W MP 9mm. I hope to shoot it over Thanksgiving break. Got a good deal on it, so I am happy. Did take the opportunity to pick up a lot of different guns. I will say for a carrying gun, the Walther 380 is probably the best feelin' gun I held that afternoon. Fit my hand like a glove and loved the feel of the grip. That will probably be my next handgun I purchase. Not too bad of a price either for the little guy. Was a nice little gun show. Would go again.

Best Regards, :ingo:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to check out that show sometime.

Does anyone know of the next one in Tipton?

Holt road armory (westside indy) is coming up this coming weekend, but I'll be busy.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I bought a used M&P 9 for my first gun, this year too. So far it has been perfect. I have not been able to shoot it as much as I would like. I have only put about 500 rounds through it so far. Some Winchester white box, Federal Champion, PMC bronze and Precision Cartridge.

I had one cartridge that got hung up on the feed ramp, out of 200 precision. It was the first round and it was my dad so I am not sure what happened. My guess though is user error, not a gun issue.

Welcome to the M&P club.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Their new schedule is not out yet. However, looking at the 2011 Gun Show schedule, they had a show in February and April of this year. So I would assume around those times in 2012 as well.

Best Regards,

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Bought my first handgun this past Sunday at the Tipton Gun Show. Went with a used S&W MP 9mm. I hope to shoot it over Thanksgiving break. Got a good deal on it, so I am happy. Did take the opportunity to pick up a lot of different guns. I will say for a carrying gun, the Walther 380 is probably the best feelin' gun I held that afternoon. Fit my hand like a glove and loved the feel of the grip. That will probably be my next handgun I purchase. Not too bad of a price either for the little guy. Was a nice little gun show. Would go again.

Best Regards, :ingo:

I am assuming you got the three different size backstraps with the MP 9MM? If so, try different ones on and see if the gun feels even better. :)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I bought a used M&P 9 for my first gun, this year too. So far it has been perfect. I have not been able to shoot it as much as I would like. I have only put about 500 rounds through it so far. Some Winchester white box, Federal Champion, PMC bronze and Precision Cartridge.

I had one cartridge that got hung up on the feed ramp, out of 200 precision. It was the first round and it was my dad so I am not sure what happened. My guess though is user error, not a gun issue.

Welcome to the M&P club.

Come on...we MP shooters need to get the round counts up....I am sitting at 2500 since June. ;)

Top Bottom