• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think this helps to explain the state of the nation that we are in .
    as Aristotle said " “Masculine republics decline into feminine democracies and democracies into despotism.”

Three primary social institutions that have historically served to mold young boys into men:* family, religion, and education .

A Generation of Men Raised by Women

A Generation of Men Raised by Women | The Art of Manliness

mommaslittleman.jpg

YouTube - Paula Cole-Where have all the cowboys gone

Oh you get me ready in your 56 chevy
    Why don't we go sit down in the shade
    Take shelter on my front porch
    The dandy lion sun scorching,
    Like a glass of cold lemonade
    I will do the laundry if you pay all the bills

CHORUS:

Where is my John Wayne
    Where is my prairie son
    Where is my happy ending
    Where have all the cowboys gone​

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The part you left out is the increase in violence among teenage males due to no adult male infulence. This behavior has been observed in the wild among certain species. Corrected once adult males were reintroduced to the groups.

Adult Males do much less of the child rearing then the Females but what they do bring is critical. Our Society is no different.

God, Country and Family. It worked for many Nations for centuries and could be under more than one God but it worked.

Now, we don't even connect in our own neighborhoods.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    That was definitely an interesting article. My question would be this: Is this generation of men raised by women really the cause? I would say it could easily contribute. Think though, every once in awhile, you run across a great American or person who absolutely exemplifies everything it means to be an American, or a man, or a father, or a Christian, or a whatever. These people do exist. You don't need to see it every day to know what they have is desirable. Why not strive for it?

I realize if you're living day in and day out in an environment where what you see as an ideal is struck down at every turn, you may start to fall in line with a softer ideology. The real decision you have to make is an individual one right? Eventually, the oppression will end and you can make the decision to be that stellar example of father, brother, friend, etc. So is being raised by women (I've known some strong ones) the issue? Or just more finger pointing to take away from self responsibility? You know, that old chestnut. People are the same now and until the end of time, making the same mistakes over and over again.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think less men being raised by women (I was), but more the general feminization of men starting with the shaming of men in the media, the 70's and men thinking that being "sensitive" was a good thing (usually to get laid, but it had it's effect in the long run). If anything, being raised by my Mom made me very independent because she was herself.

I said good morning girls to a couple of b*** in the office once and they complained that they weren't girls but they were women. Of course I have trouble being PC so I asked them to prove it.

From another article:

Feminization of men - AskMen.com

The average guy is still P-whipped by our culture, emasculated by the media, forced to cater to women, and pressured to act in a "politically correct" manner. TV, movies and advertisements increasingly portray men as simple-minded buffoons and as pawns to female "strength" and "competence."

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I said good morning girls to a couple of b*** in the office once and they complained that they weren't girls but they were women.
    I'd put money on them being under 30.
    All of us 40+ers don't ever mind being called "girls". :D :laugh:

As to the rest, it's a sad but true fact that men are emasculated by media/(lack of)family/etc.
    I look at the few real men I know...and the rest of the world just about makes me sick by comparison.

I'll tell you another thing, too...the "Feminists" ruined a lot of things for the rest of us REAL women. Even the stupid simple stuff- i.e.; I LIKE having doors opened for me, etc.. Most men today are trained to think women will get offended by the "help".
    Screw that noise...open my dang door! :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It starts in the schools. If boys are boys, we punish them, if that doesn't work we drug them. Who wants to be a man anyway. All the TV shows, commercials, etc. show how stupid men are. Women are always the greatest.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

As to the rest, it's a sad but true fact that men are emasculated by media/(lack of)family/etc.
    I look at the few real men I know...and the rest of the world just about makes me sick by comparison.

I'll tell you another thing, too...the "Feminists" ruined a lot of things for the rest of us REAL women. Even the stupid simple stuff- i.e.; I LIKE having doors opened for me, etc.. Most men today are trained to think women will get offended by the "help".

I was raised the old fashioned way down in Texas, to be polite. I always open doors for women (I do find most women appreciate it now). I did get in trouble when I moved here saying yes m'am to a young lady. She went off on me thinking I was calling her old. I may sound antiquated to a northerner but I am not about to change.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think less men being raised by women (I was), but more the general feminization of men starting with the shaming of men in the media, the 70's and men thinking that being "sensitive" was a good thing (usually to get laid, but it had it's effect in the long run). If anything, being raised by my Mom made me very independent because she was herself.

I said good morning girls to a couple of b*** in the office once and they complained that they weren't girls but they were women. Of course I have trouble being PC so I asked them to prove it.

From another article:

Feminization of men - AskMen.com

The average guy is still P-whipped by our culture, emasculated by the media, forced to cater to women, and pressured to act in a "politically correct" manner. TV, movies and advertisements increasingly portray men as simple-minded buffoons and as pawns to female "strength" and "competence."

Repped.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I open doors for women all the time.
    I mostly get a 'thank you' out of it.
    There are those raging feminists still out there though.
    I ignore them.

I was raised from 5 to 13 by my single Mom.
    Many kids for many generations were raised by women with (as Zoub said) definite male input.
    I had my uncles and my Grandfather as a male influence.
    While I agree with the premise of the article, I think if you changed the title to 'A Generation of Men Raised as Women" it would be exactly right.

Last edited:

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    as Aristotle said " “Masculine republics decline into feminine democracies and democracies into despotism.”

I respectfully and whole heartedly disagree with this article. I was raised by a woman who thought guns where bad, being sensitive was good all that horse crap the article said. Some of the family life stuff may well be correct, but you can't place every one into the same stigma. I'm a pretty manly man. Whole **** shaking whooping and hollering bit, but I was raised by a woman with out any serious male influence in my life.

I 100% disagree with the whole school bit. It doesn't matter what gender is teaching you math, science, history etc. As a child you simply need to learn it. The same parallel could be drawn that less of the Jewish faith are teaching our students because the Antisemitism has abated largely in the private teaching sector, therefore; now our boys are showing up girly? That doesn't make any sense either.

I didn't read the religion section, because religion was never a large part of my life growing up. I don't think church was ever mentioned past the age of 7 or 8.

Last edited:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I was raised by a womand and feel that I am a pretty masculine man. When I was a kid up until I was about 18, I was a wuss. I was grasping at any male influence I could find. Luckily, the guy who taught me a lot about being a man was a gun loving, hunting carpenter who saw the world very plainly. He taught me a lot in the 6 years between 18-24 whether he wanted to or not.

We still talk, but we don't hang out anymore.

I think there are a lot of guys that are like me. Unfortunately, they either didn't find the right male influence or found the one who steered them down the wrong path.

I count my lucky stars I found the right one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

My wife said exactly the same thing after reading the article.:)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My GF says the feminists are idiots and that women control everything anyway.
    Ain't that the truth!

A good good friend of mine used to say the "feminists" ruined it for her! Women never had it so good, but now she has to get a degree, get a job, climb the corporate ladder, and STILL raise a family and keep house. All she wants to do is be a good wife and mom. (Her words, not mine).

In the last few decades, it seems women wanted to be more like men, and men wanted to be more like women. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    My mom raised all 4 of us kids with out our dads, 4 kids 3 different dads/donors.

My older brother has always lived off of other people, never held a job more then a few months, unemployed last 2 years because he didn't like the way the boss wanted work done, and has 4 kids with no plans on stopping.

My little sister, well I don't even know where to start with her. Pathetic mom lost kids to CPS, drugs, no job/car/house etc etc etc

My little brother, Felony burglary, suspended license, lives at home with mom at 25 with girlfriend and her kid.

Then there's me, always had a job since I was 18, never lived off anyone else, never been arrested or gotten into much trouble, we was responsible in deciding how many kids to have and stopped at 2. Own our house/cars and both of us have careers.

Everyone tells me I'm the odd ball in the family. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa though, so I had a good roll model. We would spend hours in the barn woodworking, fixing the lawnmowers, cleaning the yard, etc etc etc. For some reason my brothers and sister didn't do that. Oh well it was their loss. I have 2 people to thank for making me into the person I am today, myself and my grandpa. Women are great at being mommy but not at teaching a boy to become a man.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

My wife will change the oil in the tractors, run the combine, haul grain to town in our tandem, and kill,gut,and skin her own deer. But when we go out to dinner, I better open the car door for her.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Three primary social institutions that have historically served to mold young boys into men:* family, religion, and education .

A Generation of Men Raised by Women

A Generation of Men Raised by Women | The Art of Manliness

mommaslittleman.jpg

YouTube - Paula Cole-Where have all the cowboys gone

Oh you get me ready in your 56 chevy
    Why don't we go sit down in the shade
    Take shelter on my front porch
    The dandy lion sun scorching,
    Like a glass of cold lemonade
    I will do the laundry if you pay all the bills

CHORUS:

Where is my John Wayne
    Where is my prairie son
    Where is my happy ending
    Where have all the cowboys gone​

I must spread it around before giving rep to you again Duncan...:(

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Ain't that the truth!

A good good friend of mine used to say the "feminists" ruined it for her! Women never had it so good, but now she has to get a degree, get a job, climb the corporate ladder, and STILL raise a family and keep house. All she wants to do is be a good wife and mom. (Her words, not mine).

(her words, not mine) Not to pick on you, but enough said..

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I usually try to stay away from this one because I dont think it is a conversation to be won. However, my take is probably too simple for many, becuase I am a simple guy. There are gonna be ****heads in the world for no reason at all, there will also be good people for no reason at all. There is a point in life, pick whatever age you feel appropriate, where we all make the unconcious decision to be ****heads or good people with no connection to who raised us, how we were raised, or if daddy loved us enough. I do believe that deep inside we all know what is right and what is wrong and it is a personal choice as to what we become.

Both my parents were always around so I dont have the option to cry about how negelected I was, so perhaps this means my opinion isnt backed by credential.

Also I love to see an age group whine about a younger age group, as they were the ones who raised them, their complaints really are only saying that they admit to being poor role models.

Top Bottom