Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It starts in the schools. If boys are boys, we punish them, if that doesn't work we drug them. Who wants to be a man anyway. All the TV shows, commercials, etc. show how stupid men are. Women are always the greatest.

If it is starting in the schools that is the problem. It should be starting with the parents, and if dad is not in the picture to do his part that is his fault. He has an obligation and he should do what he needs to do to be there. That is his manly obligation. School is not going to have any impact on how my son turns out. I can overcome any influence a school has. If a school is not on board with how a man should be raised and educated whose fault is that? The parents that sent him there.

Save me that; "it is the schools fault" stuff.

For all of those who have commented here about their manliness despite being raised by single women. A question. How much more manly would you have been with a real man around while you grew up? What is pretty manly?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Also I love to see an age group whine about a younger age group, as they were the ones who raised them, their complaints really are only saying that they admit to being poor role models.

I'll add a little to that. They also forget that the generation that raised them whined about how they turned out and the stupid things they did. Then they go on to complain about the generations below them as if they never had issues of their own.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    yea seems to be an endless cycle of refusal to accept personal responsibilty. If I am a loser in life it aint because someone ruined me, but because I chose to be a loser. If my kids are losers, its their fault, though I am required to do my best to remove that option from their minds.

If a child is abused or mistreated or unloved in any way, they have my greatest sympathies, but that doesnt serve as a fair explanation for why they didnt do anything with their lives. Then those who were downtrodden and rise above to be a productive member of society get to carry with them that pride as they go through life.

+1 to Coach as schools arent responsible for raising your kid and they way some school systems look today, I dont want them raising my kids.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    If by "sensitive", you mean I tear up when I hear the Star Spangled Banner, then yes, I am sensitive.

If by "sensitive", you mean that when I hear stories of horrible things done to children, I seethe with rage, and a strong desire to torture those responsible, then yes, I am sensitive.

If by "sensitive", you mean that I have a great respect for women, but still understand their limitations when the dirty deeds need done, then, yes, I am sensitive.

Growing up, both of my parents worked 2 - 3 jobs, and both myself, and my sisters had to pretty much raise ourselves. We looked out for one another, and a lot about being a man I had to figure out on my own. I didn't have any real male role models, or older guys that I hung out with. Most of the older guys that I knew of taught me what NOT to do, through their own mistakes.

I choose to be the way that I am - honest, to a fault; not at all PC - life's too short; and I am proud to say that I am an A$$hole - when I need to be. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom