• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm a brand new owner of the M&P Shield, this is just a quick video of my first impression.

I'll go in more depth as time goes on, we'll see how long I can keep it before running back to Glock... or decide to bail and jump on the M&P bandwagon.

I must say, it is quite promising and I'll have to borrow an M&P Pro with the Apex gear at an upcoming match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5IKPYskgw

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    sign_wow.gif

nice video, nice setup you have there

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My buddy bought a USED Shield the day it came out. Some guy bought it, put 100rds through it and decided to sell it. When he showed up his wife was sitting in the car while he made the deal so it must have been an impulse buy which she didn't care for because he sold it to my buddy for only $380.

Anyhow, I haven't shot it, but I didn't care for it. It was simply too thin for my taste. Even Kahr's are smaller frame single stacks, but their grips still fill up the palm of my hand whereas the Shield did not. I don't care for that. Personally, it was just uncomfortable.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    My buddy bought a USED Shield the day it came out. Some guy bought it, put 100rds through it and decided to sell it. When he showed up his wife was sitting in the car while he made the deal so it must have been an impulse buy which she didn't care for because he sold it to my buddy for only $380.

Anyhow, I haven't shot it, but I didn't care for it. It was simply too thin for my taste. Even Kahr's are smaller frame single stacks, but their grips still fill up the palm of my hand whereas the Shield did not. I don't care for that. Personally, it was just uncomfortable.

Wow, talk about right place, right time! I'm reserving judgement as I haven't groped one yet. But, I feel the same way about the grip filling up my hand.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great video Hickman!

First esrice, then Hickman; I think we have one more to go. Hey Shooter521, you can only run for so long. :popcorn:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    we shall see, I'll need to get some holsters and see how it goes carrying it as the weather heats up.

With a little practice, I got in and out of my front pocket pretty easily. Fat boy pants do have perks.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    my only negative so far is the rough texture under the trigger guard.

Should be smooth and allow you to run your finger just a hair higher.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Looks nice, thank you for taking the time to make the video :).

Definitely looks like it would be easier to conceal than either of my other 9mms :).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Sold your Glock-19 for it, "You'll be Sorry"..................no you can do whatever you want with your guns, I would have passed it down to the boy, but you got alot for your used Glock, as you said in your vid, made up for the smith price. Recoil looks fierce, what type and brand ammo were you guys using?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don't have the luxury of keeping guns, I buy, shoot, sell all the time.

I should have pointed out that I sold the glock as a carry package, not just the gun.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Glock hasn't designed anything innovative for several years. A single-stack 9 should have been done years ago.

With that written, my Glock 19 still works.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    With that written, my Glock 19 still works.

Roger that, it's much easier to carry a larger gun with ass and hips to hold the gun belt up.

I could go on about how "I'm gonna lose weight one of these days", but honestly I was chosing to not carry out of comfort and this helps resolve the issue until I do something about the pounds riding where my belt once resided.

I was apprehensive about my weight when doing this video, but figured there are other folks with the same issue, they may as well see what I'm dealing with.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Even Kahr's are smaller frame single stacks, but their grips still fill up the palm of my hand whereas the Shield did not. I don't care for that. Personally, it was just uncomfortable.

That will also play into my decision making as I go through testing this gun. One thing I love that many hate is the way the Glock fills the hand.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    How is the recoil compared to the Glock 19? I know that with some of the small 9's like Kel-Tec PF9 and Ruger LC9, the recoil can be downright painful. Could you take this gun to the range and put 200 rounds through it comfortably?

It seemed that with the WWB ammo, you were able to do follow up shots fairly well. I'm thinking specifically for a small framed woman, as I wouldn't mind seeing if my wife would be willing to shoot one.

Top Bottom