• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    We posted this today; Just thought I'd share for any of the ladies that might be interested and missed this.

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMom...58.1073741825.409475612477673/715721798519718

-------------------------------------------------
    Educate – Empower – Equip: Principles we share and support; and a group some of you may be interested in.

Today's Indianapolis Star (11-17-2014) had an article relating to the growth of Women in shooting and training for self defense. “The Well Armed Woman” (TWAW) is a group with very similar goals. To Educate, Empower and Equip its members. I know two of the local gun ranges [Parabellum Indoor Range, and Beech Grove Firearms, (BGF)] have both held meeting for chapters of TWAW. [note: with the fire at the BGF range, I do not know the status of that group].

The organization is specifically for women; and works not only on the educational side but also appears to have regular sessions at the ranges, as well as other info: the article mentions a holster fashion show, and perhaps a training session on gun cleaning. There are several new chapters in Indiana, around the state. (membership may include a fee).

As a 'not-a-woman', I have not fully investigated, but I am sure some of you have more information. If you or a friend are looking for a place to get together with other women, (without the 'men-folk') to learn, and train in a more 'female friendly' setting, this organization certainly seems worth your time to check out. There is a fee for membership – but it comes with discounts on TWAW items from their web store. (TWAW is actually and LLC, but one with a good mission).

NOTE on the article: I did note the reporter's (I will put the blame there) use of the term “concealed carry permit” (in several locations). This is a minor 'technical infraction', as it is not correct in Indiana, not-withstanding – this is a well written article and one worth reading. We at IMAGC, support legal carry of your EDC in both Open and Concealed form. It is a personal decision to be balanced with your own skills, activity and training. We do hope that any who carry; do so remembering that educating those with a less informed opinion is part of the responsibility you may have if you OC; and that you are always a representative of the Gun Community when you carry.

Thoughts? Info on the “Well Armed Woman”? Please let us know. Please like comment and/or share.

Thank you.

--- BB3

Link to Indiana TWAW Chapters:
    Find a Local Chapter
    ----------------------------------------------

Photo:
    20141117_101845_zpsue4z0lzl.jpg

JR Jan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Indy
    TWAW

I have been a member of the The Well Armed Woman (TWAW) Central Indiana Chapter that meets the 2nd Sunday of the month (except Jan & Feb) from 2-4pm at the Eagle Creek Pistol Range (ECPR) for over a year now. It's a warm and welcoming small group of women. Generally the first hour of our meeting is devoted to education. We have been fortunate to have Guy Relford, president of Tactical Firearms Training, generously share his time and expertise with us at most of our meetings. After the educational portion of the meeting we have range time (outdoors at ECPR which is operated by Tactical Firearms Training, LLC) which costs $10/hour. Range officers are present to ensure safety (range is open to the public on weekends). During the months that ECPR is closed (Jan & Feb), we may meet at an indoor range and/or have meetings entirely devoted to education.
    Personally, I enjoy the education provided, spending time with other women who are interested in firearms, and getting in some range time.
    Women may attend their first meeting for free before joining ($50/yr to join-must be 21 or older).
    Currently there are eight TWAW Chapters in Indiana.

For more information check out:
    TWAW Central Indiana IN
    ECPR Eagle Creek Pistol Range

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    As one of the co-leaders of the Indy South Chapter which normally meets at Bgf, I can tell you we are still up and running. Parabellum was nice enough to allow us to use their classroom and range until Beech Grove reopens in May- hopefully.

i love our group not only for the friendships, but also for giving me the ability to meet with other ladies who are responsible and passionate about firearms. It's great to discuss guns and carrying without having to explain "well, it's a little different for women".

We are also lucky enough to have some very helpful husbands to help us fill in any gaps. Being part of TWAW has opened up so many opportunities for additional training.

There are Facebook pages for the Indiana groups that are updated pretty regularly so check those out for more info.

Top Bottom