• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    I'm thinking about putting a light on my XDS. What would you all recommend? I have a Streamlight headlamp that gives me great performance. I was thinking they might make a good light for me XDS45. Any input would be appreciated.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Surefire X300, or if you want the newest greatest, Surefire XC1

Surefire XC1 is my reccomendation too, it is allot smaller than the X300 so it will fit better on an XDS. Plus its surefire they are the go-to place for weapon lights made in the USA with a lifetime warranty buy once cry once.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    Surefire XC1 is my reccomendation too, it is allot smaller than the X300 so it will fit better on an XDS. Plus its surefire they are the go-to place for weapon lights made in the USA with a lifetime warranty buy once cry once.

The length was definitely a concern. The smaller size would probably be better also. I'm planning to let a friend make a kydex holster for it using the light. The smaller size would actually probably make it easier to make the holster. XC1 looks like a great option.

Thanks for the input everyone

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    FWIW, the Streamlight mounted lights are pretty nice as well. Nothing wrong with Surefire, but when price is a consideration they're worth a look..

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    Surely Streamlight will be coming out with something like the Surefire XC1 but less money. All of these will probably stick out further than the barrel on a XDS.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    XDS is a tinny pocket pistol, I like my Crimson Trace CMR 202. The SF X300, Streamlight TLR are too bulky.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    I got my hands on the XC1 the other day and I did like the compact size over the other models mentioned. I'll have to put one on the XDS before deciding. I found some pictures of the CMR-202 on and XDS and it looks to be a perfect fit. It isn't bulky and would make for an easy kydex build. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom