• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Zionsville, IN
    I been looking at getting a 38 S&W Special/ 357 magnum caliber revolver.but the one revolver i was looking at was misfiring a lot so i am back at square one.

so can anyone tell me of a good 38 special, 357 magnum revolver?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    one that shoots straight...:dunno:

it may help to know what you plan on doing with the "revolver"
    are you going to conceal the pistol? are you going to hunt with it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lots of people here recommend Ruger. I have a Smith and a Taurus and I'm pleased with both. They each function flawlessly. Skip the .38, tho. Just go with a .357 and you can use .38's for practice and magnum loads for EDC. Lots of manufacturers out there and lots of different styles. Look at the different manufacturers websites and see if there's anything you like.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    K Frame S&W for mostly 38 and occasional 357 shooting. Models 13, 19, 65, 66 or L Frame for a more steady diet of magnum loads, 581, 586, 686, etc. The N Frame S&W Model 27 is the BEST 357 I've ever owned, including Pythons. :twocents:

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I been looking at getting a 38 S&W Special/ 357 magnum caliber revolver.but the one revolver i was looking at was misfiring a lot so i am back at square one.

More basically, what do you mean misfiring? Can you tell us what model you were looking at and what was happening with the revolver? Was it something fixable like light primer strikes? Are you certain the ammo you were using was good?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Anything that tickles your fancy from Ruger. l like the old Vaquero's and Blackhawks. They even make a BlackHawk convertable that will shoot 38/357 with one cylinder then 9mm with the other cylinder included. Sweet gun.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    vague question.. plinking or defense?

for defense my choice is my ruger LCR .357. theres nothing i prefer more for easy concealment and power. its not the most accurate thing because of its snubby nature and recoil but with practice it puts holes in paper nicely.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Misfiring??

Were you "looking at" and it "misfired", or SHOOTING it and it misfired??

K Frame S&W for mostly 38 and occasional 357 shooting. Models 13, 19, 65, 66 or L Frame for a more steady diet of magnum loads, 581, 586, 686, etc. The N Frame S&W Model 27 is the BEST 357 I've ever owned, including Pythons. :twocents:

^^^TRUE STORY this man KNOWS his Smiths

More basically, what do you mean misfiring? Can you tell us what model you were looking at and what was happening with the revolver? Was it something fixable like light primer strikes? Are you certain the ammo you were using was good?

^^^As said, better info on the "misfire" would help a lot...Bill.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Zionsville, IN

it was the S&W MP R8. from what i was reading it had something to do with the hammer.

here is the link of one site i found. S&W M&P R8 .357 5" 8RD Black PFMCTR $1,066.00 SHIPS FREE

I am looking for a good revolver for Conceal carry.

something with knock down power but still have some range on it.

BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    S&W 642 is hard to beat for concealed carry! Nice finish, very light, and no exposed hammer - all a definite plus. If you are looking for range, this may not do the trick for you, but I'm not sure what small frame revolver would.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    What's the appeal of the R8 to you, mstr? Unless you're a diehard wheelgun guy, there are many other handguns that are going to be better at concealed carry with more capacity..

Top Bottom