• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Nothing like starting the day with FedEx arriving with some new grips and accessories for a S&W Model 19-4 (2.5in barrel) I recently acquired. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Best estimate from serial number (82K7###) is perhaps '81-'82 model just before they moved to 19-5's.

I replaced the after-market wood grips the previous owner had installed. They were bulky for my, um, average sized hands. They also had a thumb rest on the right side; being a lefty that wasn't helpful plus it prevented any chance of using a speedloader.

Photos of before and after at:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/1077...ms/5713149276852134849?authkey=CPDY5-Grw7G8JQ

My first revolver! Now I just need to get some target ammo before my next range visit.

(Oh, and no stains/toilets/feet in the background or pens/shells/rods through the trigger :-) )

Last edited:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Nice choice in revolvers! I am a big fan of 19's. Too bad those are right hand grips, I have a set like those on my 6" model 19. They help steady your shot. I can pick off hedgeapples at 40 yards plus.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Nice choice in revolvers! I am a big fan of 19's. ...

I have to fess up, it was LUCK over choice. (And I am happy with luck!) A friend inherited a few guns from her father when he passed several years ago. She wasn't even sure what she had, "a shotgun and two handguns. One is black. Maybe a Glock."

Well, time passed and she brought them over during a recent visit. Turns out one was the 19-4 and the other is a '80's era S&W Model 59 semi-auto 9mm. (she kept the shotgun). Needless to say I purchased the revolver. Told her I would help her sell the auto.

It was like Xmas opening the brown cardboard box they were tucked in.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Got the 66 just like that but stainless. Definately Smiths best looking gun other than the 4 inch 29.

Top Bottom