• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Please see one of the responses below. You just need to make sure to clean the can.

Had a similar situation before, shot lots of 22lr ammo in my Spectre but hadnt cleaned it, Then switched to 22WMR, and immediatly had a few endcap strikes. Cleaned out can and never happened again. I am guessing the same happened here, a bit of carbon of lead was dislodged and ended up where it was not wanted...
    Many silencers can accomodate multiple calibers. At least silencerco silencers.

Check out this " review" of SilencerCo. They specifically reference shooting multiple smaller calibers through their bigger cans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2W4pmerxo"]YouTube - Silencerco: "Shut That Gun Up!" Pt 1 by Nutnfancy[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQfq8ab-nn4"]YouTube - Silencerco: "Shut That Gun Up!" Pt 2 by Nutnfancy[/ame]

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Big difference between "multiple calibers" and shooting dirty lubed rimfire .22 ammo in a centerfire can.

Many can companies will recommend their cans for several calibers, few recommend any type of rimfire calibers in centerfire.

To each his own, but we will never recommend shooting .22LR in a sealed centerfire can. To much to go wrong in a high $$ toy.

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what is everyone's thoughts on putting 22lr through a converted AR and halo. Gemtech told me it was good to go, that they had put 15k 22lr rounds through at halo. What I don't want is to "have" to purchase another can!! Is the better safe than sorry the best approach?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I personally never would and I don't recommend it to customers, but if the manufacturer is saying it is ok and they will warranty it by fixing it or replacing it if you have a problem (including your new $200 transfer tax if it is damaged beyond repair) then it is up to you.

I would be much more inclined to do it on a take apart centerfire can like the osprey or the TM cans then a sealed can.

Top Bottom