• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    I'm new, and I read the FAQ. And I see according to it that my husband owes me a new firearm. He's more than happy to oblige! But what do I want? A new shotgun? A new rifle? A new carry pistol? You see my problem here! I currently only own a pistol (which he carries....) so one would think I should branch out.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    That's why I won't let my wife even know about the site, she has expensive tastes in guns.

Welcome, and I hope you get what you want. I suggest a pistol of your choice, but that's just me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes, new carry pistol for you. If he is carrying yours then it really isn't yours, right? So, what are you looking for in a carry pistol?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Choices, choices

The big question is this. How soon do you want to get this new gun? You may find your choices to be severely limited right now. Many shops are pretty short on inventory. Deciding what gun to buy is usually fun. Right now it may be more a matter of what gun can you find.

Good luck.

MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Yes. You all have good points and questions. Uzi is a great idea! Seriously though, I understand the market issue now. I can wait. I considered a new carry pistol but if I can talk him into buying him one, I can have mine AND another gun. See? Smart I am. And a good wife! I'm small, so I'm liking the idea of 9mm. Scary black rifle sounds fun, but I'm cheap so an equally well shooting "safe" (can't make the purple work on my phone) rifle is good for me. But also I'm looking for a slightly smaller shotgun, 20 ga, perhaps adjustable stock. Choices. Choices. Love the ideas so far!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    H&R Pardner Pump in 20gauge. $180.

I'd go shotgun right now because the prices aren't stupid on most of them.
    That or the new Bersa BP9CC :)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Ok, force him to get his own EDC, so you get yours back, then you've got that out of the way. That leaves you with wanting a black rifle and that's a good idea, I think. If you want a home defense firearm you could go shotgun though. With prices where they are and availability where it is, I'd suggest a .22lr black rifle, gets you a plinker in black rifle form. With the backlog in ammunition and parts right now, which you seem to be very cognizant of that might be a suitable compromise, or even more fun, have him get you a threaded barrel . 22lr and have him grab you a Huntertown suppressor, then you get your EDC back, get a new rifle in a couple weeks and in a few months get a can for that rifle!

You have an obligation to milk this out as far as possible, if you don't want a . 22lr, get another caliber, but make him get you a suppressor, then you will truly have fulfilled the dream.

Top Bottom