Nov 26, 2012
    NASCARWomen01_zpsedcef360.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey -

You guys are just being mean spirited and really sexist.
    I don't care what you say about her - She drives pretty darn good......

........for a GIRL. :D

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Looks as though the safest place to start might be one of the provisional cars in the back of the pack. I know I'd rather just ride around and wait for everything to sort itself out in front of me. She kept her cars clean in IndyCar, but that doesn't seem to be the case once she was given a set of fenders. Fast on the track by herself, but once in traffic I believe it'll be an entirely different story. Just hoping for a safe race this weekend.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Haters....all of ya. Danica is talented and gorgeous. Deep down inside, you all wanted to see her take the pole. Admit it. That's right, she took the pole at Daytona.

Nuff sed.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Used to be a rabid NASCAR fan, season tics at the Brickyard for 9 years, but when younger France took over NASCAR changed. I doubt some of the things going on now would still be going on if that black #3 were around. This has nothing to do with a woman on the pole, but more about multi-car teams and a friggin' playoff system. I remember when NASCAR was a sport about racing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Still amazes me that this whole sport was started with Moonshine. :alcoholic:

Oh - how it's changed. Now there lettin wemen folk drive? My pappy'd be shocked.
    Now pass the Jug.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Thankful she's out of IndyCar... Hope Stewart/Haas don't waste all their money on her entry. She's doing what NASCAR needed and creating a buzz

You don't get it. She is on the team because she IS the money. Like her or not, she has a solid sponsor that brings money to the team, and she has a strong following.

There are lots of good racers who don't get their shot because they can't get a sponsor...perhaps they can't handle the PR or they are not marketable for one reason or another. Danica has that part figured out. So does Tony. :spend::spend::spend::spend::spend:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    You don't get it. She is on the team because she IS the money. Like her or not, she has a solid sponsor that brings money to the team, and she has a strong following.

There are lots of good racers who don't get their shot because they can't get a sponsor...perhaps they can't handle the PR or they are not marketable for one reason or another. Danica has that part figured out. So does Tony. :spend::spend::spend::spend::spend:

+1

Since GoDaddy has jumped on board, they've been paying her freight everywhere she wants to go. So, SHR won't be out any money, as GoDaddy is paying full freight for her ride and SHR gets the benefit of any residual cash to fund the operations.

There were plenty of big teams hoping to lure her over, along with that big ole pot of GoDaddy cash.

Now, how long GoDaddy will stay on board with Danica based on her results will be a different story. I say the ride lasts at least 2-3 years, even if she's riding around in the back every weekend. If she earns some Top 10's, perhaps some more Pole Awards, and maybe gets a Top 5 in a season, the ride lasts longer.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Used to be a rabid NASCAR fan, season tics at the Brickyard for 9 years, but when younger France took over NASCAR changed. I doubt some of the things going on now would still be going on if that black #3 were around. This has nothing to do with a woman on the pole, but more about multi-car teams and a friggin' playoff system. I remember when NASCAR was a sport about racing.

The whole reason for this 'Chase' nonsense was that NASCAR's ratings take a hit when the NFL starts. They thought a 'playoff' would keep more viewers around once football started.

Big mistake. Be happy with being #2, and making tons of cash as it is. :twocents:

Top Bottom