• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I plan on using quite a bit of Gold Bond Medicated Powder on my tater sack and maybe building a nice campfire to try to stay warm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am an industrial HVAC/R tech. I spend most of my time outside or up top on the roof where it is hotter than Hades due to the invention of the "Black" rubber roof. On a 90 deg. plus day in the sun it is silly hot. You overheat from your feet up as the black roof measures up-wards of 180 plus in the direct sun. Add to that the heat from a series of air over condensers or the added humidity from a water evaporation condenser and oh boy. Hot, you know it. Pay well, Oh yeah.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I will be roofing. At least for the first half of the day. NOT looking forward to it. The older I get the more I hate summer.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yep, lack of humidity helps. Supposed to mow but I imagine only 2 or 3 customers will even need their yard cleaned up.

When I lived in OKC it would be around 90-100 a lot and felt like 80 here....

My yard is crunchy haha.

Uses to cut grass for a living... Would like to get back in it at some point when I have the cash.... Ran a 60 inch Dixie and some walk behinds along with STIHL blower/ trimmers.

On the peeing clear once I was in bad shape in the woods... Had to pee like a race horse every 15 minutes... Pee was so clear I could see trough it... An emt with us was getting nervous.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, as long as it's a dry heat...

My A/C may struggle that day... the temps could get up around 75-77 that day. It could be tough going.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    When I lived in OKC it would be around 90-100 a lot and felt like 80 here....

My yard is crunchy haha.

Uses to cut grass for a living... Would like to get back in it at some point when I have the cash.... Ran a 60 inch Dixie and some walk behinds along with STIHL blower/ trimmers.

On the peeing clear once I was in bad shape in the woods... Had to pee like a race horse every 15 minutes... Pee was so clear I could see trough it... An emt with us was getting nervous.

Do like I did, start with a push mower, weedeater, and a blower and buy equipment as you earn the money to pay cash for it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have considerd that but my problem is having the time. I don't get off work at a set time every day and with the time it takes to mow te average $25 yard with a pusher...

I may start considering doing some in the neighborhood. Have the experience just not the cash. Have to figure out health insurance also if I do it full time... Not to mention the insurance needed for more then the local yards.. I checked... It is expensive.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have considerd that but my problem is having the time. I don't get off work at a set time every day and with the time it takes to mow te average $25 yard with a pusher...

I may start considering doing some in the neighborhood. Have the experience just not the cash. Have to figure out health insurance also if I do it full time... Not to mention the insurance needed for more then the local yards.. I checked... It is expensive.

Not very expensive at all, cost me just under $400 a year

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    My nephew is moving from one apartment to another. The only days he can do it are Thursday and Friday. The boy definitely inherited the family luck.....

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'll be out in the heat, standing on pavement or in a trench putting in gas main in Chicago. Buildings all around blocking any breeze that might happen.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'll be mowing all day on Thur. It was 105 last Sun when we were in St Louis and I was suffering outside. Then just when my the heat rash from that day was just starting to improve on my lower legs, here we go again. :(

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am an industrial HVAC/R tech. I spend most of my time outside or up top on the roof where it is hotter than Hades due to the invention of the "Black" rubber roof. On a 90 deg. plus day in the sun it is silly hot. You overheat from your feet up as the black roof measures up-wards of 180 plus in the direct sun. Add to that the heat from a series of air over condensers or the added humidity from a water evaporation condenser and oh boy. Hot, you know it. Pay well, Oh yeah.

Ditto Chruchmouse.........................we take the heat so they dont have to.

Top Bottom