• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • <Mike>

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    The only time they won't parade children in front of the camera to advance their agenda is when they are pushing abortion. It disgusts me what the politicians will hide behind to push their lies!

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I grew up in Groton, Connecticut. The author was 95% correct about the politicians there, and most of New England for that matter. Not all the citizens are mindless sheeple.

Danicus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    wow, not the right way to get your foot in the door. I understand that politics is a heated subject, but generalizing and claiming that all politicians are "fundamentally dishonest" and that the country continuously "simultaneously slaughters the unborn" is no way to bring up your issues. the letter is so full of venom, that I would never take anyone who talks like that seriously; regardless of my views.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    the letter is so full of venom

wow, not the right way to get your foot in the door. I understand that politics is a heated subject, but generalizing and claiming that all politicians are "fundamentally dishonest" and that the country continuously "simultaneously slaughters the unborn" is no way to bring up your issues. the letter is so full of venom, that I would never take anyone who talks like that seriously; regardless of my views.

Yes, it IS full of venom--It is about time we take the fight to them!
    This stuff of taking the "Whipping" and "Turning the other Cheek" has to come to a STOP...Bill.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sorry that I did not see this thread in this section earlier.

The guy hits a number of nails on the head.

I have drafted a cover letter and will be sending out copies on Monday morning.

The cover letter is below. The ones I send will be handwritten.

<date>

<name>
    <address>

Dear < >

The attached letter was sent to me by way of a friend.

I can appreciate that your office receives a great number of letters on any given day. There is a good chance that many go unnoticed.

I am forwarding this letter in an effort to draw attention to it as I believe the author does a good job of capturing the sentiment among the American Citizens I know, including mine.

Regards,

<>

The letter will be sent to Obama, Biden, Reid, McConnell, Pelosi, Boehner, Coats, Donnelly, my representative in the House, Feinstein, and a few others.

Perhaps some here will do the same.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He's from Connecticut, Bill. They may not have a Tomes or Nugent equivalent up there, just Warren/Schumer/Cuomo clones. So, while from an Indiana POV, his brush may have been overly broad...in Connecticut it may have been close enough.:D

I get that. I was addressing my comments not only to the author, who is unlikely to see them, but more directly to people here who make similar statements. We DO have elected representatives who are members here. The two of whom I spoke I know to be very pro-2A rights. Personally, I don't want to alienate them or any others.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy

One thing I want to add here, though: It is both false and insulting to classify ALL politicians in this way. While I understand that the primary ones we see (the Feinsteins, the Schumers, McCarthys, the Obamas, etc.) are correctly grouped, we cannot in any good conscience include the Pauls, the Nugents, the Tomes', or any other of those who have steadfastly championed our rights over the years if we want to see good people continue to step forward into the fray. Why would anyone want to take on a fight like this, only to be painted with that enormously broad brush?

Those who do lie, cheat, steal, and line their own pockets and nests are completely worthy of our ire and disgust, not to mention the age-old tar-and-feathering prior to being run out of town on a rail, but those who step up and do the job they were hired to do should be lauded and highly praised. We want good people in office; none of us consider (or at least not many or for long) that with that kind of public opinion, it is only those few of extreme fortitude or those who could not care less about public opinion or the name they make for themselves who will take on that title... and of those latter two groups, which do you suppose will take the grave responsibilities that accompany the title?

Blessings,
    Bill

I enjoyed the linked letters, but I think Bill's primary point should be reiterated often. While many are, some are not. Those who are not should be recognized and not pilloried along with the scoundrels who are.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.

Pretty spot on actually. Impressive letter from a non gun owner!!

MOST of these guys, are Dancing with the Devil in some form or another. Most of them are out of touch with what people want. Most of them are not leaders.

The "ASSAULT" they have launched on our Second Amendment rights and very freedoms is venomous to say the least. So to get back some of what is given is to be expected.

Make no mistake, this has been a very coordinated, planned attack on our freedom. They have used us, and played on the emotions of all of us using the Sandy Hook shooting as a spring board to launch their attack on us, and our rights.

This is their "ASSAULT WEAPON".

Using children to play on our emotions, and actually hide behind and use as propaganda for this is cowardly at best.

We need more people to speak out on these issues and let them know that, WE THE PEOPLE.... will not be moved. If we look away for an instant our gun rights and freedoms could be no more.

Great Letter!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom