• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Im thinking I would have been up someones ass, and maybe even forgot there was a window there, lol. I am a pretty laid back guy for the most part but I cant blow stuff like that off because I have no tolerance for stupid, I would have looked like a rabid dog (druel and all im sure). what would happen if I (in my 30's) forced a teenage girl to hug and kiss me? EXACTLY!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You don't force yourself onto children. Asking is ok, insisting is not.

Get him fired. That is 100% UNACCEPTABLE.

If nothing else, confront the guy and let him know in no uncertain terms that his behavior WILL NOT be tolerated at any level.

Let him know that if your kid even suggests that his behavior is at any time inappropriate that you will be filing a law suit against him.

Just pulling your kid out doesn't fix the problem, it just allows him to move on to someone else's child.
    :yesway::yesway::yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Preschool and they are not talking? What can they learn at "preschool" before they are even communicating effectively?

Sounds like over priced baby sitting to me.

Just keep him at home to learn his kissing and hugging and social skills with family. The "creepy" or not creepy old guy don't even enter in to it.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If she was upset enough to call you and relate the whole incident, why didn't she say something to the appropriate people at the time? Or to the assistant/volunteer? Just wondering...

She didn't know how to handle it, so she called me.

Preschool and they are not talking? What can they learn at "preschool" before they are even communicating effectively?

Sounds like over priced baby sitting to me.

Just keep him at home to learn his kissing and hugging and social skills with family. The "creepy" or not creepy old guy don't even enter in to it.

I call it "preschool" for lack of a better term. He is behind in his speech development, and this school is supposed to help him with that. It's a very short, weekly session.

I am with you 100% on keeping the kids at home, and it's a shame more parents aren't as involved as you. We intend to home school both of our kids. We were just seeking some help finding out why he is so behind in his speech development.

At this point I've decided that a conversation with the administrator is in order, before (if) my son returns to the school.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

She (and you) are your boy's only line of defense against those who would do him harm.
    With all respect intended, at some point (PDQ) you should probably sit down and have a conversation about how to handle stuff in the future so that the moment doesn't slip away and make it seem "less important" to authority figures involved when you go back days later to address whatever the issue was.
    Mamma Bear protecting her cub. And like that...

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    If he is doing this out in the open, what is he doing behind closed doors. Just the thought of him possibly being alone with a child, and nobody around to see what is going on give me more than the creeps.

rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I would definitely talk to the person in charge, I would have them to pass out a memo stating no affection toward the children unless initiated by the children, and absolutely under no circumstaces kissing.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    She (and you) are your boy's only line of defense against those who would do him harm.
    With all respect intended, at some point (PDQ) you should probably sit down and have a conversation about how to handle stuff in the future so that the moment doesn't slip away and make it seem "less important" to authority figures involved when you go back days later to address whatever the issue was.
    Mamma Bear protecting her cub. And like that...

Interesting point. It was a quick incident, and over long before my wife could have responded. He wasn't going back to the school that week, so I'm not sure how I would have preferred her to handle it. Generally I prefer to handle these issues myself, as I feel that female teachers and administrators take a concerned father more seriously than a mother (since we seem to be an endangered species these days, unfortunately).

But thank you for bringing it up. It is certainly something we need to think about and discuss.

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If he is doing this out in the open, what is he doing behind closed doors. Just the thought of him possibly being alone with a child, and nobody around to see what is going on give me more than the creeps.

That's like saying anyone willing to carry a firearm openly, in public, is probably a closet Tim McVeigh with a 30-ton fertilizer bomb in his basement.

Deal with the facts of the event (which all of us are uncomfortable with) rather than unfounded emotional insinuations.

It is speculation like this that only harms legitimate reputations and serves to undermine and erode trust between parents and teachers/care providers when the real focus should be on making sure the right people are in those positions and the wrong ones are quickly removed.

:dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I am with you 100% on keeping the kids at home, and it's a shame more parents aren't as involved as you. We intend to home school both of our kids. We were just seeking some help finding out why he is so behind in his speech development.

Is it working?

At that age a close bond may be a deliberate factor in motivating them to participate but if it is having the opposite affect I'd investigate it. Preferably with out any one at the school's knowledge. May be a little early to pick up and unpredictable about your drop off and pick up times. Stay a little or suddenly come back to pick up something you dropped or "lost" 10 minutes after leaving. Chat with the other parents as you wait for the class time to be over or before it really starts. Observe behaviour of and with other children to see if it's different.

Top Bottom