• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigboy47834

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about we start this thread about funny police stops..... I will start with this one.... Way back in the 90's my wife and I were waiting for a couple to come and visit us in Putnamville.... about 8 PM I saw lights in the drive, followed by a car with Police lights on the roof. I looked out and it was my friend with a State Trooper behind him. The trooper was at his window and I figured he was getting a speeding ticket as Putnamville is a speed trap. About 5 Minutes later my door bell rang and it was my friend and his wife with the Trooper behind them. He wanted to know if I had a coat hanger as the Trooper has locked himself out of his crusier. I asked the trooper if he had written the ticket yet and he tore it up as I handed him the coat hanger. I thought it was a good trade.

Enjoy life it is too short not to....

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Cool story! I'll bet it's really difficult to maintain the ego attitude when you realize that you just locked your keys in the cruiser. Sometimes life shows us the way to humility.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Back when I was in law enforcement I was ordered to go run radar up near a residential area. I hated working traffic so periodically the sergeant would order me to go run radar when I didn't turn in enough warnings and tickets. (No quotas, but if you didn't do "enough" you got made to go run radar.) Anyways this one car was just flying. I can't remember how fast but I just remember I was shocked. I pulled them over, walked up and there was a teenaged girl driving.
    "How come you're going so fast?" I asked.
    "I just had an accident and I'm trying to get home!" She replied.
    "An accident! Where?" I asked.
    "In my pants!" She replied, pointing.
    Sure enough, the crotch of her jeans was soaked. I just told her to go home and walked away.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Well it was years ago ,,but my son and a friend were in a old dodge flatbed pickup,(picture 3 large guys in a truck) (lol no room to move) were headed down highway 37 towards greenwood,,,im in the passing lane and traffic is thick,when i noticed i had a state trooper behind me with the lights on,i dont know how long he had been there but i couldnt get over so i pull down in the meadem. He walks up and says i didnt think you were ever going to stop,,i pulled you over cause you were doing 75 in a 55,,weres the fire. I said no fire officer just staying with traffic and headed for Lowes. LOWES LOWES he says ,,oh my god i love lowes ,,,my wife hates it when i say im going to lowes. God how i love that place ,,well you slow down and have a fun time at lowes. He walks back to his cruiser and drives off. I looked at the other 2 in the truck and sayed hay the man loves lowes hahahah.

Last edited:

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Years ago, I drove a semi for a living. I was coming up empty from Wichita to Kansas City. It was a beautiful Sunday night and there was nobody out on the roads so I let the truck stretch it's legs a bit. The countryside was a lot of rolling hills and just as a pair of oncoming headlights came over a rise, my radar detector went nuts, jumping all over the dash. Sure enough, it was a State Trooper and I looked in my mirror and he was turning into the median to come after me. I knew he had me and had me well so I put my flashers on and pulled onto the shoulder to wait for him. He had his flashing lights on when I saw him start to pull in behind me and then his lights went out and he just pulled up along side of my cab and stopped there, in the traffic lane. I was looking down at his car, wondering what was going on when I saw the dome light in his car come on and all I could see was an out-stretched arm and an index finger being shaken at me. The dome light went out and off he went.... I pulled back out and kept the speed limit the rest of the way to KC.

While I respect all LEOs, I have a special respect for that trooper, whomever he may be. He had me dead to rights and chose to make his point in a way that a ticket may not of. A ticket would have ruined my night whereas instead, he made me smile. Even nowadays, I take that lesson to heart. On my monotonous drive home from work about a year ago, I had a LaPorte County deputy turn on his light bar momentarily as he was coming towards me to signal I needed to watch my speed and I have.... everyday since then. Quite often, it is the gentle reminder that sticks with me rather than the baseball bat upside my head. It is not a job I could do and I respect those who can (although, there are a lot of times I wish I could issue tickets to some other drivers out there.... they're nuts!!)

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Thought of another incident although it does not strictly fit in....

Working at a dealership, we would occasionally get squad cars in to work on. This particular time, the officer complained of a high speed vibration so I took it out on my test drive. First off, I need to mention that it is almost impossible to get up to speed if there is any traffic around. It seems that anytime there is a squad around, everyone slows down to 50 mph or less. I finally had to turn around and sit for a while so that traffic would thin out so that I could get to the 80 mph that the vibration occurred at. Finally, I had open road and started to pull out when a red Camaro came up out of no where and he was flying! I thought "great! At least I won't get caught going slow behind this guy". He had a good lead on me so I pulled out and nailed it. I then realized that the guy probably was wetting his pants but I was more concerned about diagnosing the vibration. I was slowly gaining on him when the vibration started.... and it started hard and fast. I knew what it was and I couldn't get the speed down fast enough before the right front tire blew out. Apparently, the tire had a shifted belt and it self-destructed. As I am fighting to keep the car under control with shards of rubber pinwheeling around me, I knew that the guy in the Camaro now had a story he would tell for the rest of his life:laugh:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Years ago my buddy and I were both on our Jap bikes, heading down 465 toward 31. We were FLYING. I finally backed off a bit, my buddy way ahead of me, when a trooper flew past me after my buddy and pulled him over.

Well, I went ahead and pulled off too when I came up to where they were pulled over. The Trooper was a little surprised I actually stopped. When he asked me "Do you know how fast you were going?!" I said "no". He replied "No? How come?" my reply?

"Because my speedometer only reads to 85."

I saw him start to laugh, but he quickly gained control of himself, and went back to his car to run our info. He came back a few minutes later, giving us both just a warning, instead of a ticket, and advised us to slow down a bit. As he was walking back to his car, he stopped, and turned back to us grinning and said:

"Oh, by the way? The speedo on my Kawasaki only reads to 85 too!"

Top Bottom