• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMCsergeant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Vincennes
    Okay so I went grocery shopping yesterday. Went to Wal-Mart and the local grocery store. Not only were they both out of a ton of stuff (food and ammo), I noticed people looked like they were really stocking up. Thankfully we still have a ton of stuff at the house (my wife thinks I go overboard). Anyone else feel like their stores are wiped out? This is not a EOTW rant or whatever. Was just a little perplexed and hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary lately.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My nearby Walmart can't keep the popular ammo on the shelf. I'm in there quite a bit so I can often be in there right after they restock, but sure enough the next time they are sold out again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    12-21-12

Nuff' said.

Do I think anything will happen large scale? No.

Am I keeping my eyes open for people to act extra weird that day? Yes.

A few isolated incidents of crazy behavior will probably be reported in that 24hr period.
    :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Meh. The "news" keeps yammering about our first snowfall expected later today. I figured folks would start a run on French Toast supplies.

Does Walmart EVER have a good ammo stock?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Going to walmart today as well...I have noticed the shelf's have been kind of empty but I figured I was just going the wrong times.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    It's also the first of the month.. Food cards refilled..

I have asked a Walmart manager about ammno and was told they place orders and they get what they get whenever whomever sends it to them.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I never understood how people are going to eat 5 dozen eggs, 5 gallons of milk and 10 loaves of white bread before it all goes bad. French Toast must be the key. Ultimate survival food?

With a family of five we go through a gallon of milk in 2 days, sometimes less.
    10 loaves of bread, freeze it.
    5 Dozen eggs, well those might end up going bad.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Was at Kroger and Wally World the other day and both had stuff standing around on carts to be put on shelves. I thought that was strange for Kroger but I see it that way at Wally World all the time. I would guess that they just got shipments in.

I didn't know about the strike. Isn't Wally World drivers non union?

Some of the trucker strikes have gotten bad in the past. Hope they settle it quickly.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With a family of five we go through a gallon of milk in 2 days, sometimes less.
    10 loaves of bread, freeze it.
    5 Dozen eggs, well those might end up going bad.
    Don't you watch Doomsday Preppers? You can coat eggs in oil and they'll stay fresh for months. Don't remember if that's veggie oil or mineral oil, though. I could google it, but don't wanna.

Top Bottom