• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Anyone else skip the hunt this morning cause of threat of bad weather? Sucks woke up to a beautiful morning not cold calm before the storm. Go in my front yard and see 5 does running around. I am so kicking myself this morning.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I skipped, but there is a list of reasons.

1. I have seen very few deer since Oct. 1st.....might as well just duck hunt the rest of the year.
    2. I didn't feel like oiling down my gun before I went out and when I got back.
    3. I have house chores to do today.
    4. My wife was curled up beside me in bed.:naughty:

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I am with you. Did the same thing. the forecast last night was heavy rain and wind gusts up to 40mph. Got up at 7:30 no rain ,no high wind!

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Same here. I woke at 1:30 to hear the bad storm and turned my alarm off. Woke at 6:00 am and saw a calm morning and was PO'ed at myself. I should have just sucked it up. Worse that I could have done was get up, get ready, drive to my area, and if it was still really bad, turned around or slept a little in the car to wait it out.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The rain didn't really have me worried this morning (because it had stopped where I was at) but the wind was still blowing good and with a higher temp I decided to pass. I'll work M-W this week then I'm off another 11. Hopefully the corn will get picked in the next couple days. Really, really hoping it gets picked. It needs to be picked.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nope, I planned for a rest day as I've been hitting it pretty hard trying to get my first with the bow.

Went yesterday in hopes of getting the boy on one, but we both hunt with smoke-poles and have plenty of hunting time left.

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    Hunted all day yesterday and until noon today. Only saw a little 8 pointer. In fact I only saw 1 buck while running my combine. Seems like the deer population is steadily declining around here.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I got up and got my butt out there. Got rained on pretty hard on the walk out. Ended up getting a pretty nice doe. :):

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Boy and I went, the boy passed on the same small 6 he passed on yesterday. Kinda proud of him, he said he was gonna let that one grow up a little. Hes 12!!

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I kept looking at the forecasts last night, and decided not to set my alarm. I was kicking myself a little when I woke up this morning and saw the sun and fairly clear sky. I was ok with it after I saw how windy it was though. Not to mention it gave me a chance to take care of some things around the house.

I had seen a nice buck yesterday, but couldn't get a clean shot. He had no idea I was there, so I will see if I can get him next weekend when I have a chance to hunt again.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I got up early and sat in a plywood blind until about 3:00.pm

Saw nothing but a horse, a goat, several feral cats, and a bunch of squirrels.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I got up early and sat in a plywood blind until about 3:00.pm

Saw nothing but a horse, a goat, several feral cats, and a bunch of squirrels.

I had a squirrel that was not happy with me yesterday morning. He didn't like me being there, so for about 20-30 minutes he stood on his limb hissing, chattering / barking at me all while running back and forth and waving his tail like crazy. In the end he threw his acorn down at me and ran off. I was about to move to another location for fear that he would give my position away when he finally left. Lucky for him I was not hunting squirrels, because after all that I would have been more than happy to pick him off, clean and cook him, and have him for a snack.

I was really glad he left before the nice buck showed up.

Top Bottom