• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Dude how can a police officer not get jammed up over something like this? Does he rate a driver when his license is suspended? Losing a job over a dui is one of those things that is foul unless your job depends on being legal to drive or based on criminal record in your job description.

Now drunk on duty is a whole other matter.

I mean if he was a garbage collector and didn't have to drive would it be right to fire him over DUI's?

The whole free time work time issue gets hinky with some departments. Chicago PD can lose their jobs or be disciplined for having a beer on their front porch IIRC the stories my bosses hubby told me.

It just seems like it is crazy what they can get away with but other simple stuff can jack them up.

Why is that? Is it. Just because of ethics or code of conduct issues vs crimminal charges and innocent til proven guilty. I mean snap and beat a guy and boom suspended/fired but beat a bartender and maybe get to keep your job?

Worse than a bad cop is the kid of a cop I had three different friends who's dad were LE and each one ended up being a scumbag that thought the laws were meant for someone else. Cc fraud,theft sex misconduct you name it one joker even stole an Illinois State police badge and used that to score one niters with naive 18 to 20 year olds or he would have to arrest them for possession or alcohol underage bs.

Takes all kinds I guess and sometimes the blue family takes too much of a us vs them role.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    No they can't. LEO's have to follow the same rules as anyone else when flying. Some Federal Officers are allowed to carry on a plane.

Actually, they can if they follow the TSA's proceedure. IIRC it involves a letter from your chief as well as a secret password type pre-notification to the TSA.

This link gives the basics:

TSA: Law Enforcement Officers Flying Armed

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Ridgeville is unique that's for sure.

3 DWI in as many years, I think something needs to happen.

In Indiana, the second one would be a D felony and the 3rd would make him eligible for the Habitual Substance Offender Enhancement which carries an addition 3-8 years incarceration.*

Best,

Joe

*assuming that the 1st one was an A Misdemeanor, not a C Misdemeanor.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Umm LEO still = civilian.... active duty military ( NOT National Guard unless your called to active duty) is the only non civilian..

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    what i dont understand is that after the first DUI 99% of companies will fire you if you have to drive a company vehicle because insurance wont cover you anymore.. how can you be a cop, and drive 4500lb cars at high rates of speeds and still be insured?

nothing surprises me anymore..

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I hve an even better one for you! I cant find the link but Fort Wayne had an officer that did something similar. Drunk in squad car..pulled over and ran (duh)...suspended....drunk a week later in South Bend area (duh)...ran again....!!! My understanding is he is collecting on disablilty for his drinking problem!!! Is this even possible?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive. My dad was arrested for DUI either 10 or 11 times. He never spent any time (longer than 3 days) in jail for it. The money that was spent on his defense caused our family of 6 to suffer. The property damage he caused had my parents in debt for almost 6 years after one of his nights out.

There should be no outs for someone who is guilty. If you are drinking and driving (yes I've done it) and get caught, you deserve what ever you get.

This is more of a rant than a post about this LEOs issues and I apologize.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Guy obviously has a problem with alcohol.
    Not good for anyone.
    At a minimum put him on a desk till it gets sorted out.
    OFF the street.

As has been stated before: BULLSTUFF on the gun charge.

They can even carry on a plane.

Can they carry on a train? :dunno:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    From a cop:

He not only needs to be fired and pay for his crimes as anyone else would, but he also needs to loose his certification so he can't go get hired somewhere else. PERIOD

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive.

Same here. I hit a drunk lady in my last Jeep because she turned in front of me and I couldn't stop it! My brother, a couple cousins, a few friends and many other people i know, including the lady in the benz(my mom worked for her husband) Have had DUI's and I tell them I don't feel sorry for them for getting DUI's. Its a law for a reason. If I had hit that lady dead on she would have had a bumper in her teeth instead of a broken wrist! I turned to the right trying to avoid her and glanced off of her then slid 180' down a hill!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Anything's possible with a union job.

Good luck firing anyone who has one. Cops... kindergaten teachers...

Wave a gun at kids for thowing snowballs, admit to it on camera, and you get two weeks of desk duty.

REALLY?? This :poop: again??
    FYI Mr. Expert, Ridgeville is a really small town.
    There are only about two full timers including the subject,
    and bout three reserves.
    NO BARGAINING UNIT THAT I KNOW OF.

:horse: :rolleyes: :nuts:

The bad part is that the subject is the guy who does most of the actual police work there.

Top Bottom