• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    The lucky guy would be me. I have an awesome wife. We have been married now for 20 years. Up until Father's Day 2012 she had never fired a gun other than a BB gun as a child. That day I asked her to go to the shooting range with me. She didn't really want to, but agreed because it was Father's Day. She had a good time, and only complained a little about racking the slide on my Glock 23.

She talked about the trip for days afterward, but I didn't press the issue. She also said she didn't care for the recoil. We talked about 22 revolvers (I had to keep her interest in shooting up after all). The soft/zero recoil of 22LR and not having to deal with the slide appealed to her.

We bought her a Ruger LCR22, and she was thrilled. She fired hundreds of rounds with it and enjoyed them all. Later she told me she would like to get her LTCH. I was floored, but very happy. Then she told me she had been doing internet research and felt like she need something with more stopping power (I always felt that way, but I had to let her get there on her own). Long story short, we bought her a S&W 642 and a Crimson Trace laser grip. That same day she applied on-line for her pink card, had her prints done, and mailed everything to Indy. That was on October 10th, and based on other folks' experiences, she should be getting it in the next week or so.

She also joined the NRA last week. So, in about 8 months she went from having never fired a gun to being a proud NRA woman with S&W .38 snubby soon to become part of her EDC. The whole situation has blossomed into another common interest we share in guns, personal protection and shooting.

Anyone else as lucky as me? Lets hear your spousal stories.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Congratulations! My wife finally got her lifetime LTCH last year (She turned 70). I have collected guns for several years. She told me last year she wanted a Beretta like her father had brought back from WW2. Oddly enough I found one reasonably priced a couple weeks later at a gun show. Then she decided she wanted a Derringer similar to one I have. So she now has a 38 Spl Derringer. She has shot the Beretta at a friends house one outing. She still won't go to the range with my son and I (yet).

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Wow. That's is nice to be able to share a passion like that. My gf doesn't mind I have guns but has no interest in going to the range. I leave the gun loaded on the nightstand and she knows if she had to (god forbid) she could pick it up and point and shoot. That's good enough for her.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Great story!

My gf had never shot a gun before she met me. Before we moved in together I convinced her to go to the range with me since the firearms would be in the house. I didn't want her to be unfamiliar with them incase she was in trouble while I was at work. She handled my guns very well and took a liking to my p238. Were still looking around for her first gun, but I'm happy she took to firearms so well.

The only downside is now I'm having to support the firearm hobby for 2!

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    My wife applied for her LTCH Tuesday following the tragedy in CT. She has a sig P238 and wants a revolver for the house. She is also signed up for a basic defensive pistol class in May.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Grats on the "new woman. My wife shoots, loves it, 3 daughters shoots, love its. It makes for a great day at the range. But, Dad (that's me) gets to clean the ar, ak, 9mm's, 45 and all the 22's.....

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    My wife is from Texas....'nuf said. :draw:

Actually we've not had guns in the house at all, but when I said I was thinking about getting one and shooting, she was all about it. Once I get settled in and find a range where we can shoot, she'll be right there with me!!

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    My wife shoots, loves it, 3 daughters shoots, love its. It makes for a great day at the range. But, Dad (that's me) gets to clean the ar, ak, 9mm's, 45 and all the 22's.....

I had to laugh when I read this. Same thing happens at our house. I reload the ammo, I pack the range bag and load the AR, 10/22, .38, .40 in the car and we go shoot. We come home and I unloaded everything from the car and clean all the guns. Honestly, I don't mind a bit as long as we can spend time together on the range. I know lots of guys who can't say that. :)

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Congrads Hurly, my story is similar. Been married 22 years now and last month my wife decided to go to the Basic Handgun Training course and get her LTCH as well-- so we went together. She, my son and I are all going to the range together. We're hoping to hear back on a 22lr revolver shortly for both she and my son. She also is scheduling 3 additional courses for us to take together. It's a good thing!

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Congrads Hurly, my story is similar. Been married 22 years now and last month my wife decided to go to the Basic Handgun Training course and get her LTCH as well-- so we went together. She, my son and I are all going to the range together. We're hoping to hear back on a 22lr revolver shortly for both she and my son. She also is scheduling 3 additional courses for us to take together. It's a good thing!

Agreed. Sounds like we are both lucky guys. Not sure what you are looking for in a 22LR revolver, but my wife enjoys the Ruger LCR22. The best thing about it is that it is the same size and nearly the same weight as her S&W 642. She still uses the Ruger regularly to aid in muscle memory. Not to mention that the 22LR is much less expensive than shooting .38 special.

Top Bottom