• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    Hello, I have recently purchased a Makarov pistol and I was wondering what it was accually worth. it is an IJ70-18AH. wich I have been able to decypher as a russian commerial model in 9x18 MAK with adjustible sights and high capacity mag.
    Made by Izhevsk and imported by KBI I believe.

according to Makarov.com it should be about "$250 - $4000 Note: 12-round magazines add about $75 - $90 each to the value "

Is this currently true? or was that a crazy typo? and What makes it worth more?
    I will post pitures I just dont know what people will want to see
    Thank you

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    • East German: $250 - $350
    • Bulgarian military or police: $125 - $200
    • Bulgarian Miltex "Special Edition": $250 - $400 depending on finish.
    • Norinco Type 59: $250 - $400
    • Russian Military: $250 - $400
    • Russian commercial (IJ-70, adjustable rear sight, single stack magazine, 9x18M or .380 ACP, blued): $250 - $400
    • Russian commerical (IJ-71, fixed rear sight, single stack Magazine, 9x18M or .380 ACP, blued): $400 Plus
    • Russian commercial high capacity (IJ-70-18AH or IJ-70-17AH): $250 - $4000
    • Russian commercial, nickel: $200 - $300. .
    • Simson-Suhl German Makarov: $400 - $800.

This is the only price list i could find but I am not sure how long the website has been dead

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    it depends on a lot of factors. The double stack were made for commercial sales, as were the ones with the 'target' adjustable rear sights. The double stack versions do seem to be more sought after just for the capacity.

the ones worth the most are the ones actually made for military use. Of those the russian ones are usually the ones people are looking for since they are the originals. The east german ones are good, but not worth what the russian ones are from what Ive seen.

These also haven't been made in a while either.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    You did well. I haven't ssen many lately but the ones I have seen have been Bulgarians and they've been priced between $250-300. The "Bulgies" are generaly built to last but nearly as refined as thier Russian or German counterparts.

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    Well, to be fair it was a pawn shop. But its a nice one. Nicest Ive seen anyway. Dock Brothers on meridian street just across fall creek. I think most things are over priced but there are some hidden jems like most places.

Top Bottom