• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Like you said and this is the way I was brought up and that is a man is only as good as his word. I have made alot of deals in my time on guns, cars and other and have never signed a piece of paper between 2 people. My Dad always said to me that once you gave your word and/or shook hands on a deal that was a done deal!

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Well, I sent him a PM telling him that if we could still do the deal I wouldn't have to post negative feedback. He went on to tell me to go ahead, "he wouldn't lose any sleep over it" ....so I did. I hope I dont have to ever leave bad feedback again.

Thanks for the posts guys, I feel better knowing most people would feel like I did. Oh, and vette....we can deal anytime.
    repair...I believe before you make a deal with anyone in person or on the internet you should have your homework done so you know if its a good deal or not.

Again, thanks fellas for the kind words of wisdom.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks for the posts guys, I feel better knowing most people would feel like I did. Oh, and vette....we can deal anytime.
    repair...I believe before you make a deal with anyone in person or on the internet you should have your homework done so you know if its a good deal or not.

Again, thanks fellas for the kind words of wisdom.

Just out of curiosity what gun was it that he backed out on.

Thats what Don says.... :D

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Just out of curiosity what gun was it that he backed out on.

Thats what Don says.... :D

He posted an older model Glock and a revolver. He stated in his post/ad that he wanted to trade both for a 3rd generation Glock 22 amoung other guns. I sent him a PM, he answered. We talked on the phone and agreed it was a trade. We agreed on a meeting place. We agreed on a date to trade. The deal was made. He contacts me tonight saying he made another deal. I see it was with another site member.

Hey, it is what it is.
    Im not too butt hurt over it. Its just a lesson learned.

We just do things in a different way. If I made a deal with YOU or anyone else on a gun and someone else asked about it after the deal was made I would just say its no longr available. He even posted on his ad that he had traded it. He crawfished a deal, he'll live with it.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    He posted an older model Glock and a revolver. He stated in his post/ad that he wanted to trade both for a 3rd generation Glock 22 amoung other guns. I sent him a PM, he answered. We talked on the phone and agreed it was a trade. We agreed on a meeting place. We agreed on a date to trade. The deal was made. He contacts me tonight saying he made another deal. I see it was with another site member.

Hey, it is what it is.
    Im not too butt hurt over it. Its just a lesson learned.

We just do things in a different way. If I made a deal with YOU or anyone else on a gun and someone else asked about it after the deal was made I would just say its no longr available. He even posted on his ad that he had traded it. He crawfished a deal, he'll live with it.

This is different, it was fair and I agree that he should have gone though with it.

I have seen so many people trying to get high dollar on guns they paid nothing for just a few days before, thats what was going on in my mind (well that and thinking about women :):).

Sorry if I was harsh. :ugh:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Im not too butt hurt over it.

I beg to differ. I'd say you are severely butthurt over this whole ordeal.

I was told by him that your deal was supposed to happen at the 1500 on Saturday, but you didn't have your trade in hand yet! He also told me.. he wanted to move them before then and explained why, which to me.. his excuse was a legit excuse. Some how I'm in the middle of this because I made a trade with him knowing he already had a "deal", but like I said... that is on him and not me.

I would deal with the guy again, especially considering he's a police officer.

And if he was to back out on our deal... I certainly wouldn't cry like a baby about it.

Men do change their minds. And he told you why he changed his mind.

At least he was honest about it and didn't ignore you or lie to you.

So get over it!

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I would say if a price was set and a meeting place set, and both agreed upon, the deal was done and I would be pissed too.

Unless I get there and the product is not what they said it was.

I also am not upset if they look at something I'm selling when we meet and change their mind.

If I drive 40 miles to sell something and they start wanting to negotiate the price again after I get there, we are done and I'll never do business with them again unless that was expected.

If I say I'll take it and it is represented fairly with what I expected from the add when I see it, then the deal is done regardless if I drive past a truck load of them being given away free on the way there.

If I say I'll take it and I get to the meet only to be told "their brother bought it or they got a higher offer..." I'll never do business with them again.

It's a difficult media to do business through. All you've got is your word and I'll take it means I'll take it. The "look/see" I still consider the last legitimate opportunity for parties to part friends but that is absolutely dependant on both parties agreeing in person that the item was fairly represented unless the meet was specificly set up as "I'd like to take a look at it." That's not even close to "I'll take it."

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I would say if a price was set and a meeting place set, and both agreed upon, the deal was done and I would be pissed too.

And if we did have a deal.. and you called me before the meeting and said... sorry I found a better deal. I certainly wouldn't be mad at you, especially if you explained yourself to me.

It's a free market and men do change their minds.

Then again.. .you shouldn't be negotiating with things which you do not have!

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I, personally, see this whole thread about the different between honor and greed. You honor your agreement or let greed guide you. You make a deal with me, the guy next to me offers you a dollar more, you honor you word with me or let greed guide you?

I prefer honor in a man, greed is the act of a child.

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I wasn't going to bother to post on this, but holy christ in a handbag, how could I pass this up?

First, deaner. you asked a selling price, I gave you one. In no way did I offer to sell you the gun. Simply, gave you a selling price.
    Second, just a couple of weeks ago I had a deal made for a trade and the other guy went with a better deal to someone else. I did not even know about that until I contacted him via txt message the night before the deal was to happen. YOU DID NOT SEE ME on here leaking my butt juice all over the place pissin and moaning. It happens.
    Third, a deal was made on a gun that was not even in the other parties possesion. Does that even make it a deal?
    Fourth, in all the other deals I have done with INGOers there has been some kind of comprise in travel. Not with this one. I was going to have to drive a pretty good distance from my home to complete this transaction, while the other party merely drove up the street.
    Fifth, I was in a hurry to make a deal and exchange. I had a limited window to make an exchange without the fury of my wife.
    Sixth, this deal was maybe an hour old when I sent a PM to cancel.
    I was remorseful at first for breaking the agreement. I even posted the neg feedback on myself. I did apologize multiple times and ended up being threatend with negative feedback. I didn't respond well to that. I'm still trying to figure out what the other party is out? He's still going to have a real nice 3rd gen G22.
    AS far as the rep goes. Whatever. I'm done dealing on here. There is a great group of people on here for the same reasons as me. We like guns. But jesus jumped up christ, put a diaper on or something, you're getting butt juice all over the place.

Now, I'm sure that is going to **** some of you off. But this has been blown way out of proportion. And I'm past the point of caring.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I was told by him that your deal was supposed to happen at the 1500 on Saturday, but you didn't have your trade in hand yet! He also told me.. he wanted to move them before then and explained why......

Thats another lie, Inever once even mentioned the 1500. And it was made VERY CLEAR to him that I would not have the gun until friday. Lastly, he NEVER gave me a reason why he was backing out on our deal except that he found a better deal.

And the fact that hes a cop makes no differance. Being a cop doesnt always make you the good guy.

I'd say everything that can be said about this has been said. Let the jury decide whos right, whos wrong and lets let it die.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom