• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Does such a thing exist? Around the net, people don't have much to say about 5.45x39. Applying the principal that any time you take a bigger cartridge and neck it down, a la the 357 sig or 25-06, you get a flatter trajectory longer travelling boolit. I know most of what is out there for this cartridge is useful for little more than suppression and short range fire. Assuming that virgin brass exists or is made, do you think this cartridge could see some better respect? With a number of Mfr.s making 5.45x39 uppers for the AR platform, it seems to me all that is left is for someone to step in and bring home a little respect for this cartridge. Your :twocents:?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have no direct experience. But, since it has been around since the mid-70s, I think if there was potential, it would be known by now.

What I think one big problem is that it is pretty slow to push .22 bullets. I think factory 55gr doesn't even see 2900 fps. Without looking at a dope sheet, that isn't going to be very manageable past 200 yds, or so.

Top Bottom