• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emreece33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    I've visited Indianapolis-area indoor ranges and I've noticed the long lines and lack of options.

I'm currently exploring an opportunity to open a safe, fun indoor pistol/rifle range in northeast Indianapolis.

I would be interested in any feedback from you. What options you would like to see (paper target carriers? Static or knockdown reset steel targets?) If you live in the area how often would you go? What are issues you have with other indoor ranges? What do you want in an indoor range?

Erin R.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Indiana needs a indoor range like Scottsdale gun club in Scottsdale AZ. And a outdoor range like Ben Avery outdoor range in AZ. Take a look at those and do those in Indiana.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Indiana needs a indoor range like Scottsdale gun club in Scottsdale AZ. And a outdoor range like Ben Avery outdoor range in AZ. Take a look at those and do those in Indiana.

I can say +1 on the Scottsdale Gun Club. That was the first range I've ever been to. Very nice place. I believe it has a main range and a separate range for members only.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    The main reason I try not to visit indoor ranges is because of the ventilation. After an hour or so in one I come out hacking up black powder residue and blow it out my nose for 2 days. Can't stand that part. If a range could figure out a way to reduce that I would probably frequent it

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    I have been to pop guns numerous times and my main objections are:
    -how much they charge
    -long waits
    -to crowded

I personally love indoor ranges so i would probally visit it frequently regardless... good luck, hope it works out!!!

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The main reason I try not to visit indoor ranges is because of the ventilation. After an hour or so in one I come out hacking up black powder residue and blow it out my nose for 2 days. Can't stand that part. If a range could figure out a way to reduce that I would probably frequent it
    Beech Grove has that figured out.

Emreece33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll check out Scottsdale. I absolutely agree about making the facility well-ventilated for shooters and staff.

Erin R.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    It would be great to have a range on the NE side of Indy. I would go if it is nothing like Popguns or whatever it is called now

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NE Indianapolis is definitely in need of a decent indoor range. The only place I've seen recommended on the forums is Beech grove which is a good 45 minutes from where I'm at.

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    I haven't been to Beech Grove (yet) but a co-worker said their air handling equipment is great. I live on the NE side and would like to see a modern range close by too.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    If you are looking for suggestion, the most important thing I look for in a public indoor range is a full time range officer. I will walk out of any range that rents a gun to a couple of video game Rambos and turns them loose to sweep the whole the firing line while trying to figure out how to use it.

Keep it safe, or shut it down.

My second consideration is the air quality.

If you run a safe range that I can visit without having black rings around my nostrils, I'm there.

VoteRedTeam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I would absolutely frequent a range on the NE side. My suggestion would be to have a ton of bays.... Like 12-15, in order to keep wait times down in the winter. Plenty of counter space behind the best. I hate when. You have all of 2 square feet to lay your ammo, mgs, targets, etc.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Once again, I thought Beech grove was great. I understand, your looking to open one up there, I would suggest, expect to spend an assload, and do it right. Which means everyones gonna ***** about the price.

Top Bottom