• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    With the 112th congress getting back in session today, I was just wondering what new ways these folks might be dreaming up to further infringe on our rights?

After considering many options I have come up with a new strategy that I will employ for voting on members of congress in the future.

In the future I will vote for anyone regardless of party affiliation, ideology or favorite sports team who will make but one promise: DO NOTHING. You can go to DC and enjoy all the perks of the ruling class. But on the first day of your job move into your office, hang some pictures on the wall, put some personal effects on your desk then sit down and DO NOTHING.

Don't introduce legislation, don't vote on anything. If called on to make a speech in the well of the house; tell a story, recite Shakespeare, sing, or do the funky chicken, I don't care. But don't do anything that could be construed as social engineering for our own good under the guise of "doing the work of the American people" Pleeeze as if the a******s know anything about work.

If we could get 535 of these happy idiots on the hill, I won't complain about paying their salaries. Heck, I will even stop squawking about the need for term limits. At least our freedoms will not be in danger, from the aristocracy.

I'll see if this still sounds like a good idea in the morning. I think that I need to go lay down with a cold cloth on my head for a while. :ugh:

Thanks for indulging my rant. I feel better now.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    guinness-brilliant.jpg

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    We need more Ron Swansons in Government.

I knew nothing about Parks & Recreation until this post. A quick Wiki read, and poof it was on my Netflix que, looks great.

Thanks for your support. And I guess that I can count on you're vote.

BTW: I will be scheduling baby kissings on the 16th at 1:00pm
    Followed by handshaking and insincere smiles at 3pm. :D

Seriously thanks for the TV viewing tip.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ""Do Nothing""

Dear Friend, maybe you haven't noticed, but we have that now.

oh no dear old chap those bastards and *****es seem to pull together and manage to get stuff done just fine when it comes to things like passing NDAA, CISPA, extending the patriot act, etc.

they get plenty done just nothing tangible that we see, we just feel it

jake

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    ""Do Nothing""

Dear Friend, maybe you haven't noticed, but we have that now.

Can you remember the last time that any of these wankers did anything collectively that increased you're rights as a citizen? And I don't mean gave back some that they had already taken away.

I didn't pose that question rhetorically. I'm open to any examples that might make my cup half full.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Can you remember the last time that any of these wankers did anything collectively that increased you're rights as a citizen? And I don't mean gave back some that they had already taken away.

I didn't pose that question rhetorically. I'm open to any examples that might make my cup half full.

:popcorn:

jake

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    If you use taxes a a metaphor for rights . They take them from you regularly, and when they realize that they couldn't get estimate close enough then they have to give some back before the torches & pitchforks start to show up. All right now we all jump for joy at their benevolent offering. I don't intend to make this a conversation about taxes (that thread is two doors down) But it does make a pretty good example. I don't mean to say that we shouldn't have government I would have to take the anarchist test for that. I just want these guys to slow the train enough that we can see in the cars as they pass by. Heck they might be delivering a train load of horse :poop: somewhere ehh.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    The Astronaut Farmer

Ok. now I must be officially entertainment illiterate, because I never heard of that one either.
    Netflix que grows again. :)

Maybe I should get out of the compound more often... no probably not a good idea either.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I don't want to settle for Congress doing nothing. I want Congress to repeal most of the US Code and defund most of the federal bureaucracy.
    :thumbsup:

But say you we're bitten by a dog.*
    I'm sure that your preference would be that the dog had stayed in the yard, and allowed you to reach your destination unmolested. Well it is too late to change that. Surely you would at least feel better if the dog would just quit biting you. :whistle:

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Day after day across this nation, legislatures meet in munincipal, State and central bodies to pass law after law after law. This goes on year after year after year.

Really?

How much of this bu11sh1t do we need?

One might conclude that virtually all the legislation is good for is creating more problems for more legislation to be presented as the solution.

Top Bottom