A Note on Duplicate Posting of Videos....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I was just watching an awesome video on YouTube based upon Emergency Medicine and Trauma surgery on GSW patients beginning with care from EMTs. I wanted to share this video with INGO but I don't want to be the jerk face who posts something "new and exciting" that everyone (except me) has seen before. Here is how I determined that four other people already posted it.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tku8YI68-JA

We have the entire youtube link here, as copy/pasted from the URL in my browser window. I can search for the entire URL to see who has posted it but that is NOT the best way because of the different techniques of embedding video in HTML and the allowed variability in completeness of the URL. The best way is to search on the video ID only. YouTube assigns this to every video and it appears after "v=". Searching just for tku8YI68-JA yielded me the results I wanted...four other threads already contained this video.

Just a quick tid-bid for those among us that aren't inately aware of the inner workings of HTML, Embedded links/media, and the search function.

-Dobber

Top Bottom