Greenwood
    552623_517265934969642_345570001_n.jpg

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thank the good lord that cops like this are in the minority. Kind of a self correcting problem if they choose to engage a bad guy.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I remember when this first hit the gun boards years ago.

The gun nuts went on and on about the position of her elbow, not the fact that the magazine was inserted into the weapon backwards. Not a man Jack of them said "she needs more training" "this is unacceptable training" "fire the FTU", on and on and on about elbows and oncet MEYE Sar-gint tol' me to . . .

Count on gun nuts to miss the gun shop for the guns.:D

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Anyone can put the mag in facing forward. Lets see YOU try to shoot it that way! It reminds me of two quotes/ideas:

1. People are always afraid of what they don't understand.
    2. Any technology sufficiently greater than your own will appear to be magic.

I rest my case.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think I remember reading that someone on a different board photo-edited the picture of the newspaper article to make the magazine backwards in the rifle. A prank that stirred up a lot of the interwebs a while back.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Will a 30 round curved mag even go in the mag well and lock in if its put in backwards? Seems like you would notice when you tried to chamber a round even if it does.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Will a 30 round curved mag even go in the mag well and lock in if its put in backwards? Seems like you would notice when you tried to chamber a round even if it does.

Sadly I know this from being in the Army, and seeing someone do this. It will go in there, and hold in there just fine. Bolt will go forward, as nothing is in the way. I have seen things that will make people weep. Rounds loaded backwards into those magazines. Yes, they will load like that too, so, goes in, and then the bolt tries to slam forward. Makes me wonder how people manage to breath on their own sometimes. I am sure there are more then a couple others, but its 5am, so Im not thinking of them all right now.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thank the good lord that cops like this are in the minority. Kind of a self correcting problem if they choose to engage a bad guy.
    So you are suggesting that it would be beneficial for a police officer to be killed in the line of duty by a "bad guy"?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Although not very tactically sound, the elbow up is a long time tried and true method of firing a rifle standing unsupported. So she gets a pass on that.

Isn't that usually with a sling, though? Doing the chicken wing move to tighten up the sling to help stabilize the rifle in an unsupported position?

Sadly, it appears her training staff failed her. Hopefully she got the chance for some remediation after that incident so that she will be a bit more prepared in the future.

Top Bottom