• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I live in Noble County Indiana and there is a free firing range fairly close to where I live but I want to learn to shoot on the move. Does any one know of a place near Noble County where I can shoot on the move? Noble County is about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, Ideal Fish and Wildlife in Chururbusco along US 33. It's not free, but it's only $25 a year, so it might as well be. You can sign up either at the trailer next to the clubhouse or at Tomlinson's (gun store right up the road). There are some rules but rapid fire/moving/shouting are perfectly fine. The range is fairly unmonitored, which is fine, but you do have to keep an eye out for the occasional complete moron who may show up and if you're not alone cooperate with other shooters.

I took Bob Aldridge's (Ingo member NIFT ) Advanced Personal Protection class there and we did ~14 stages of shooting that incorporated a lot of movement, swinging targets, shoot no shoot..you can definitely have a good time there. I do recommend bringing your own target stands if you have any, there isn't a whole lot of equipment up there or a good place to staple targets to (for $25 a year it's hard to complain). It's a pretty open area though so you can really do what you like if you happen to be up there alone, and it's not usually too terribly busy.

I highly recommend Bob's classes by the way. He does a great job and you can even retake a course with no additional instruction fee (you just cover any range fees/ammo).

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    WOW, didnt know busco was only $25 a year..:rockwoot:.i may have to check it out for that kind of money. This is something i have been wanting to do a lot more of moving and shooting, plus working on drawing from concealed and getting proficient with weak hand.

Might have to invest some time into making some portable steel targets of various sizes and seriously check the place out.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    I have done a bit at Hillside when the pistol bay is empty :)

They allow that there?

I was going to get an unlimited membership for myself and fam. I like the idea of pistol bay with the plate racks and the 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, and 1000 yards rifle ranges.

Much more salty than the busco place...but it does have its advantages.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    St Marys / Bluecreek Cons Club

Just south of Decatur. First year $25. After that $20/year. 100, 200 yd rifle. 50 yd pistol/rifle and trap range

Hermitwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, Ideal Fish and Wildlife in Chururbusco along US 33. It's not free, but it's only $25 a year, so it might as well be. You can sign up either at the trailer next to the clubhouse or at Tomlinson's (gun store right up the road). There are some rules but rapid fire/moving/shouting are perfectly fine. The range is fairly unmonitored, which is fine, but you do have to keep an eye out for the occasional complete moron who may show up and if you're not alone cooperate with other shooters.

I took Bob Aldridge's (Ingo member NIFT ) Advanced Personal Protection class there and we did ~14 stages of shooting that incorporated a lot of movement, swinging targets, shoot no shoot..you can definitely have a good time there. I do recommend bringing your own target stands if you have any, there isn't a whole lot of equipment up there or a good place to staple targets to (for $25 a year it's hard to complain). It's a pretty open area though so you can really do what you like if you happen to be up there alone, and it's not usually too terribly busy.

I highly recommend Bob's classes by the way. He does a great job and you can even retake a course with no additional instruction fee (you just cover any range fees/ammo).
    Thank you for the info. I will check out the Ideal Fish and Wildlife. I have also looked at taking some of Bob's classes.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you for the info. I will check out the Ideal Fish and Wildlife. I have also looked at taking some of Bob's classes.

They're worth every penny, especially with his retake policy. I plan on getting in all of his and then checking out Shay's Mindset Labs down in Indianapolis. I go up to busco quite a bit, PM me if you want some company checking it out.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    They're worth every penny, especially with his retake policy. I plan on getting in all of his and then checking out Shay's Mindset Labs down in Indianapolis. I go up to busco quite a bit, PM me if you want some company checking it out.

I've had several students from the Ft. Wayne area. Come on down!

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I go to Antwerp Conv. Club and you could possible get a chance to shoot on the move. I go there half the time and there is no one there or maybe 1-2. Different areas for rifle (50-300yrds), shotgun, and pistol. The pistol range is getting better each year. Its $25 for single or $30 for a family. Its just another reason to get your FL non-resident lic also, or not.

Antwerp Conservation Club

Top Bottom