• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Merry Christmas guys!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful and blessed day! Ok, so i have a question for all you Indy 1500 vets. I know it roles through next month and i have a list (and im checking it twice) :): Anyway, im trying to figure out an accurate amount of $$$ to bring, and i figured id ask some of the prices.

Ok, im going to get a WSAR, i pretty much know the average prices on them. However, I would love to know 7.62X39 ammo prices at the show, and the usual price for a couple of extra mags. I am looking to buy the ammo in bulk (if they sell it there)

I would also like to know the prices on all different types of ammo, such a holopoints and FMJ.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    most dealers will give you a better deal with cash, and most individuals wont take credit. cash is always your best bet. take as much as you have and deposit what you dont use

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mags ran $7-$20ish for 20/30/40 rnd versions at the last 1500, depending on whether you wanted stamped mil issue or "fancier" versions. Best bulk 7.62 x 39 price at last show was $229.95 for 1260 rnd case of Yugo brass case/Berdan primed/mildly corrosive.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bring some deep pockets, a credit card with no limit, and a LARGE jar of vaseline.

Guess I should have put that in purple.

Seriously, you really never know anymore. 1500 used to be the best place to go for ammo deals. Anymore, it seems to be the luck of the draw.

Some people will give you good deals and others will try to convince you that there is still an ammo shortage.

42769vette knows of what he speaks. Take as much cash as you can.

One thing though, don't take the first deal you see. If you see what you think is a decent price, note the location and walk around. The guy two tables down may have a better deal.

Then again, he may want 3 times as much.

Do some online homework before you go. Find out what bulk prices are currently, and factor in the shipping. I've seen times when the deals were better online than at the 1500, even after shipping.

All that said, I won't miss a 1500 if I can help it. You just never knkow.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    ammo prices for common ammo like 7.62x39mm is best on Sunday when the vendors contemplate the effort to take it back home. Recently you can find it on a good day for around $.20/rd or about $200 a 1000rd case.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    as stated before, Cash is King! Definetly look around before you buy, last 1500 I thought I had found a good price on SD ammo at $20/25 rounds... looked around a little more and found it for $17.50.... you just have to look around and take note.... also if you looking for items that you know are in high demand, be prepared to get there as soon as it opens, or you will be out of luck!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to the last one on Friday, as soon as they opened, but either I overlooked it, or didn't see all that much 7.62x39 in spam cans like I had hoped. I did wind up getting 500 rounds of Golden Tiger (fmj) for around 105 bucks, which I was happy with. It has a good reputation and I'd been finding it sold out at most of the places I looked online. The only drawback to the Golden Tiger is that the casings are an olive green color, which are a beyotch to find in my sister's yard after shooting there! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ammo prices for common ammo like 7.62x39mm is best on Sunday when the vendors contemplate the effort to take it back home. Recently you can find it on a good day for around $.20/rd or about $200 a 1000rd case.
    I've heard this several times, but I'm so paranoid that I'll miss something good (not necessarily ammo) if I wait until Sunday, and I'm pretty sure I'd catch hell from DoggyMama if I went both Friday and Sunday. ;)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Do some online homework before you go. Find out what bulk prices are currently, and factor in the shipping. I've seen times when the deals were better online than at the 1500, even after shipping.

Heck, there have been several times where ammo was cheaper at Gander Mountain than at the 1500.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    You'd be better off finding what you want on the Internet and having it delivered to you. With all of the quality online vendors these days, there's no good reason for the 1500 (or any ripoff gun show) to exist anymore. It's a dying relic of the past.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    With all of the quality online vendors these days, there's no good reason for the 1500 (or any ripoff gun show) to exist anymore.

Not this cynical nonsense again.;)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/28237-indy_1500_savings.html

Last show, $200 for each revolver that book for several times over what I paid.

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTExMDIyLTAwMDQ1LmpwZw.jpg

All kinds of deals at gun shows. You just have to do your homework . . . and a little luck never hurts.:D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Is this a hint that you're going to be at the 1500?

ya ill be setup with bobcat steel. ill have quite a few scopes mounted on rifles, binos, spotters, rings, etc. everything will be at the adsolute bottom dollar im allowed (by the optics brands) to sell for. i can promise you will not finda cheaper price online on anything you see on my table. i make it real simple, no haggleing (unless there is a trade involved) just buy it or pass.

if there is somthing specific you want to see in person send me a pm and ill make sure to have it there

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I havce stopped going to the 1500 anymore. I could never find much of anything that I needed.

Unless I needed crafts, As seen on TV products, booths of overpriced Chinese one size fits all nylon holsters, etc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Follow me, Mg. I'll bird dog the deals.

When I go on point I look like the Fig Newton guy doing the hard part.:laugh:

I havce stopped going to the 1500 anymore. I could never find much of anything that I needed.

Just follow me, I always seem to find the deals.

Isn't it funny that how the more you know and more homework you do the more deals you find? It's like a life lesson or something?

Learning via gun shows.:cool:

Top Bottom